Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m stumped. I’ve done TPS rewire, MAP Rewire, replaced crank position sensor, checked timing, IAC rewire. I clear the codes and immediately as I hit the key on it will throw TPS(p0122) code then I try to crank and it will hard crank and then throw crank sensor( p0335) code. The car sounds cammed and AFRS are pig rich 8.5-9:1 at IDLE.
I’ve checked ohms from PCM to TPS and the TPS to crank sensor and checked ok. I don’t know what else it could be.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
consider replacing the cam position sensor and the magnet behind it. Use OEM sensors, not parts store brand. The cam sensor and the crank sensor work in tandem and are known to throw codes relating to each other.

links to parts:
Sensor
Magnet

you may be able to find them somewhere else cheaper than modern performance, but that is the parts im talking about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
consider replacing the cam position sensor and the magnet behind it. Use OEM sensors, not parts store brand. The cam sensor and the crank sensor work in tandem and are known to throw codes relating to each other.

links to parts:
Sensor
Magnet

you may be able to find them somewhere else cheaper than modern performance, but that is the parts im talking about.
I’ve thought about changing that sensor/magnet but it never thrown the code. Do you by chance know if they are interchangeable? A buddy of mine has a OEM one he replaced on his car last year he’s willing to let me try but he’s heard they are a one car thing. This threw me off also, I started the car and unplugged cam sensor and it died but never threw a code

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I’ve thought about changing that sensor/magnet but it never thrown the code. Do you by chance know if they are interchangeable? A buddy of mine has a OEM one he replaced on his car last year he’s willing to let me try but he’s heard they are a one car thing. This threw me off also, I started the car and unplugged cam sensor and it died but never threw a code
its just a dummy sensor reading a metal spinning stick... it doesnt care if its taken from one car and installed on another. if it's the same model sensor (made for the same motor) then you shouldnt have any issue. But do consider replacing the magnet too.

I have pull the cam sensor off my car and installed it onto a sebring to diagnose an issue. worked exactly as it should. pulled it back off and re-installed it into my car and still works fine today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its just a dummy sensor reading a metal spinning stick... it doesnt care if its taken from one car and installed on another. if it's the same model sensor (made for the same motor) then you shouldnt have any issue. But do consider replacing the magnet too.

I have pull the cam sensor off my car and installed it onto a sebring to diagnose an issue. worked exactly as it should. pulled it back off and re-installed it into my car and still works fine today.
I’ll give it a go tonight after work. Some have said bad upstream o2 also but doesn’t seem likely. At this point I’m just throwing parts at it and hoping one fixes the car. It’s somewhat of my daily driver, it happened a little bit after we loaded a tune and we know for a fact it’s not a tune issue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: replaced cam sensor / magnet with one off a 2005 stratus and didn’t help.. actually threw a p0016 code. I reset pcm & swapped my original cam sensor / magnet and code went away but car still runs the same no matter what.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another update.. I checked TPS voltage with key ON engine OFF and got 3.7v something isn’t right there... gonna replace wiring harness tonight with a extra one I have and see if that’s the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: car is fixed!! I replaced the wiring harness and now it’s running good! Must have been a broken wire that was going to ground or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts