Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
The good ones that will not crack with the reduced lightening holes are part # 994244

Always in stock!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but i have heard that not many cracked and the only reason they do is people touque them too much. 45 in lbs after adjusting them is just a lil more the finger tight.

·
Registered
416 Posts
bordeniuk said:
but i have heard that not many cracked and the only reason they do is people touque them too much. 45 in lbs after adjusting them is just a lil more the finger tight.
85 ft.lbs <---DO NOT USE AN IMPACT!!! That is why they crack

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Fidanza redesign them after October 2006 they reduced the lightening holes

·
Registered
416 Posts
bayshore power said:
Fidanza redesign them after October 2006 they reduced the lightening holes

that and you can put the cover back over them... My fidanza rep assured me that they did not change the design because the were cracking.

We now ONLY stock the new cam gears just so everyone knows.

Edit: FYI the PT cruiser part number is still the same as the old srt-4 cam gear:thumbsup: (in case anyone wanted to know that)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Thats because if they change the design because the old ones were cracking
they would look bad. Your rep is not telling you everthing.The new Fidanza gears will not crack with the reduced lightening holes

·
Registered
416 Posts
bayshore power said:
they would look bad. Your rep is not telling you everthing.The new Fidanza gears will not crack with the reduced lightening holes
I wasn't born yesterday... More material, more strength... but the failing rate on the old design was not extremely high... everyone thinks they were. Like I said I have 6 srt-4s running around on the old design and have not had a problem... I don't know why im sticking up so greatly for the old design...like i said i don't have anymore of the old design left any way...Fidanza does have a Limited Warranty too. 440-259-5656 here is a number for you guys to call if you need any more info.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Nice Price

Redstar,

I just visited your site and nice price on the cam gears :clap:. I have book marked it for when I'm ready to purchase. No flaming me, just good price from my looking around. Not much money so I need to spend wisely :thumbsup:

Slyder

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
redstar your the man! i will finish up the install tomorrow and let you know how it goes. ill be sure to use a torque wrench. let you know tomorrow

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
bordeniuk said:
Trust me I have had my share crack and we did not over tighten either of the fasteners. It is simple it was no where near enough material left around the adjusting slots.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Redstar said:
bayshore power said:
I wasn't born yesterday... More material, more strength... but the failing rate on the old design was not extremely high... everyone thinks they were. Like I said I have 6 srt-4s running around on the old design and have not had a problem... I don't know why im sticking up so greatly for the old design...like i said i don't have anymore of the old design left any way...Fidanza does have a Limited Warranty too. 440-259-5656 here is a number for you guys to call if you need any more info.
It was worse on the bigger cam cars but some of our customers stock cam cars did crack to. We have had to replace about 20 sets. Its just takes time for them to start to show as they crack from the backside and then migrates outward. If they are fine now.....great but you need to keep your eye on them over time! I know of a couple of sets that have broken completely. This is the reason they reduced the size of the lightening holes. I met with Findanza at the SEMA show about this! The new ones part#994244 are the new ones and should be fine. If you run a cover on the old style you will want to remove it from time to time and take a look...just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Redstar said:
that and you can put the cover back over them... My fidanza rep assured me that they did not change the design because the were cracking.

We now ONLY stock the new cam gears just so everyone knows.

Edit: FYI the PT cruiser part number is still the same as the old srt-4 cam gear:thumbsup: (in case anyone wanted to know that)
Now I'm confused, I bought a set of 994246 from you and your now saying that is not the right part number for the PT Cruiser???

Deen

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Fidanza will not Warranty the cam gears I sent a set back they said that this was the only set that they knew of that cracked and the would not warranty them so I sent them a second set of cracked gears

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
bayshore power said:
Fidanza will not Warranty the cam gears I sent a set back they said that this was the only set that they knew of that cracked and the would not warranty them so I sent them a second set of cracked gears
Exactly...when I spoke to them at SEMA...they said there was not a problem.
Then I told them who I was and that there was a problem and that we were back to stock cam gears because of this even on our race car:wah?!: . I suggested to them then to reduce the holes down to cure the problem. Finally they did that but still no warranty on all of the craked ones we have had.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats pretty fucked up. not fixing their problem. if mine crack ill be pissed and if they dont warranty them ill be even more pissed.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
New Gear clear Timing cover??

Hey DC or anyone else,

Do the new designed gears (94424) clear the upper timing without cutting them up. Do they also clear the MM or do you still need to shave the MM?
Anyone have the answers on this one?
I really want a set that I don't have to cut a hole in the upper timing cover.

Slyder

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
slyder said:
Hey DC or anyone else,

Do the new designed gears (94424) clear the upper timing without cutting them up. Do they also clear the MM or do you still need to shave the MM?
Anyone have the answers on this one?
I really want a set that I don't have to cut a hole in the upper timing cover.

Slyder
No sir, you still have to shave the MM and I m not sure about the upper cover as we do not run them.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey dc, how long does it take to show signs of these gears to crack? ive had mine since saturday and i beat on the motor pretty hard saturday night and some regular driving since then maybe getting on it a lil here and there. what do i look for?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts