Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I'm in Clarksville, TN and all they have here is a 1/8 track and they run Midnight Madness on Friday nights.

Well my first time drag racing in my SRT I pulled a terrible 9.7, damn hot out and didn't get much better all night (bad shifting on my part for sure). Mods = IPP CAI, Mopar Exhaust, MSD wires.

Second time I ran a 9.1, cooler night (way better shifting). Same mods as above.

Third time I ran a 9.4 and ended the night with 9.2, fairly cool but still a little warm. Mods = I added the spring mod, spiking to 17 settling about 14 -15.

Mods added since = S1, MPx Underdrive Pulley and removed the spring mod.

I know I suck at dragging. It's not exactly one of my favorite ways of racing but it is something to do on Friday. Plus the track doesn't get layed down with the sticky stuff after each run. They use the same mop over and over..... without dipping it again. I find that I get better traction on the street than I do at the track and so far I hear the same from other people who race in the area. My biggest problem is I failed to control the boost increase with the spring mod so the stock tires would spin halfway down the track.... probly keep spinning in third if I let them.

So what are your thoughts, suggestions, flames or whatever.

Dammit sorry posted in the wrong one.... can somebody move this please?

·
Registered
42 Posts
My daughter and son-in-law lived 3 miles from that track for four years, and I never got to run down there. Now I drive 75 miles once or twice a week to the tracks up here in MD. You didn't include any other details from your timeslip, but odds are it's mostly in your launch. I leave at 1800-2000 and walk it out, best 60ft of 2.13 and 1/8 of 9.04 with 24 lbs in the stock BFG's.
You guys have unlimited places to street race down there, how's the action? Of coarse, the cops are everywhere in town.
Hey, if the drag racing doesn't pan out, go up to Oak Grove to Charlies Steak House and enjoy the best steak in the world, IMHO.

Take care!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take off around 2000 sometimes a little over and spin forever. I'll try reducing the air pressure and try at 1800 or so. I'm going tonight so I'll let you know how it goes. Streets are ok, a bit dull from what it used to be from what I hear. Deployments killed the area I guess. A few nice cars still cruise around tho so it's not completely dead.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
what was your 60' times?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure on the 60' I'll have to have somebody write down times for me next time or request a time slip. After Friday night I realized I need to spend more time on burn out and use less tire pressure (25 was about good), oh and my oil needed to be changed.

Friday info:
First run for the night = 9.00, longer burn out before line up than usual
Fairly cool weather
Same mods as last
Tire pressure 29lbs cold

stayed between 9.2 - 9.4 after reducing tire pressure down to about 25 and short burn outs

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
whats ambient temp around your parts? humidity?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts