Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was going to work when this guy in a Pontiac cut me off. I proceed to just simply pass him and star to go WOT to distance myself...Well as I come over the hill cops pick me off at 107mph in a 55. To make matters worse the guy in the Pontiac pulls up behind the cop writing he ticket and starts yelling about how I cut him off and the cop writes me another ticket for aggressive driving. Speeding ticket $230 + 5points / agres. driv $250. Does anybody have advice on this situation?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
One of these should work...

or you can just get a lawyer and see what he/she has to offer

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I guessing that if you get a Lawyer you will probably be able to get the aggressive driving thrown out and the criminal speeding dropped down to two civil tickets, maybe, if you plead guilty.

·
Registered
641 Posts
105mph?? jeesss.. You must have really been trying distance yourself.
Get a good lawyer. You may be hard pressed to get anything dropped. Your word against the other driver, who wasn't going 105. Then again they can't really write you a ticket for something they didn't see..

If i had a ticket like that in my state i wouldn't have a license.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Talk to the prosecuter, try to plead it down. or find a lawyer.

BTW, nice Mossberg Ricekiller!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I don,t want to be an ass but....your lucky he did not throw you in jail. 107 in a 55 coming "over a hill" is not a good move. Assume responsibility and pay the fines. My final advice is slow the F..K down before you kill yourself or someone else.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My most recent ticket also occurred when I was trying to distance myself from some asshats behind me. Mine was only 64 in a 45 ("only" - still almost 20 over, stupid me). They were truly being asshats, and got pulled over right along with me.

But, as for getting an aggressive driving ticket because the guy in the Pontiac stopped and started yelling, that's complete BS. If the cop didn't see it, you should NOT be getting that ticket. I would definitely get a traffic lawyer (yes, this is going to put the hurt on your wallet - but only in the short run, as opposed to what your insurance will do... which is put the raping on you for the long run).

As somebody else said, you definitely need to curb the aggressive driving a little bit. I know it's tough to do in these cars, but try to save it for the track or, at the very least, a safer situation where you're not driving angry.

Good luck getting things sorted out.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Screw-it..............just go w/ the Mossberg!

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month, 2011 Calendar C
8,393 Posts
MikeCrowsoft said:
I don,t want to be an ass but....your lucky he did not throw you in jail. 107 in a 55 coming "over a hill" is not a good move. Assume responsibility and pay the fines. My final advice is slow the F..K down before you kill yourself or someone else.
I'm with him on this. Who cares if someone cuts you off? Better to brake and be safe, then speed away furiously for no reason at all. Granted it sucks that the dude pulled over behind the cop and said something about it, but still even if you didnt cut him off, you still were driving almost DOUBLE the speed limit. Thats some serious distancing.

Pay the tickets, or if you feel like fighting them, fight them. But you'll end up paying court costs on top of that.

People who are pissed off behind the wheel aren't rational drivers. Deal with the other idiots on the road in a more calm fashion, and keep yourself and others alive.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Tickets suck

I hate slow drivers. I wish they had separate roads and highways.

I also hate cops because they mess with guys on crotch rockets and guys with fast cars, then, when they ride their crotch rockets and drive their fast cars, they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

That, my friends, is a big load of crap.

"Furthermore, I wish cops would give tickets to the slow people who always get in my way, and I wish I could give cops tickets for giving tickets out to people who actually have lives and who need to go places and actually GET THINGS DONE.

I never have passengers in my car because they are afraid to ride with me.
This is the way I like it. I say, "Find your own car."

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Ahhh the AR-15 answer....Justice from 500 yards.

Dude just suck it up and fight it in court. If you decide to just pay the fine you are a silly man.
Don't know how things work in the courts where you be, but plead with the prosecuter or cop. Find a friend who knows the cop.

You will be getting plenty of flyers in the mail for a lawyer as soon as it hits the system.

107 to get away from a pontiac???? I am hoping to god it was a TA w/WS-6 package. If this is all over a damn sunfire I would be greatly depressed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
holy shnikees marksman

Attention to the whole srt forums... DO NOT GET ON MARKSMANS SHlT LIST :readclose .... hes got guns!!!! LOTS OF THEM :jester:

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
bmoney6543 said:
Attention to the whole srt forums... DO NOT GET ON MARKSMANS SHlT LIST :readclose .... hes got guns!!!! LOTS OF THEM :jester:
OH YEAH

1) AR-15 with the look of the M-16-A2 w/an ACOG?
2) AR-15 with the look of the M-16-A1
3) AR-15 with the look of the M-16-A2 w/new grips that the grunts are hauling around now
4) AR-15 with the look of the M-4 w/grips, collapsable butt stock and ACOG

Like I said justice from 500 yards.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Or...........you could have handled it like this:

Cop pulls you over and as soon as he gets out of his car you say, "Hey, I am being chased by some lunatic in a pontiac! He flashed a gun at me and I was hauling balls to get away from him." When the pontiac is pulling over, you scream at the cop, "Watch it man, he's got a gun." Cop then goes nuts at possible guy in pontiac with gun. You wish cop a nice day and drive off into sunset.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
raining_shadows said:
Or...........you could have handled it like this:

Cop pulls you over and as soon as he gets out of his car you say, "Hey, I am being chased by some lunatic in a pontiac! He flashed a gun at me and I was hauling balls to get away from him." When the pontiac is pulling over, you scream at the cop, "Watch it man, he's got a gun." Cop then goes nuts at possible guy in pontiac with gun. You wish cop a nice day and drive off into sunset.
I must admit some people are indeed gifted actors and they have an answer for everything. :thumbsup: The thing is most people would be crapping their pants in this situation (like me for instance). :lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
jcrsrt4 said:
The other day I was going to work when this guy in a Pontiac cut me off. I proceed to just simply pass him and star to go WOT to distance myself...Well as I come over the hill cops pick me off at 107mph in a 55. To make matters worse the guy in the Pontiac pulls up behind the cop writing he ticket and starts yelling about how I cut him off and the cop writes me another ticket for aggressive driving. Speeding ticket $230 + 5points / agres. driv $250. Does anybody have advice on this situation?
You better start saving now for the extra $400 a month your insurance is going to go up for this, sorry to hear that man.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
jmduke3 said:
OH YEAH

1) AR-15 with the look of the M-16-A2 w/an ACOG?
2) AR-15 with the look of the M-16-A1
3) AR-15 with the look of the M-16-A2 w/new grips that the grunts are hauling around now
4) AR-15 with the look of the M-4 w/grips, collapsable butt stock and ACOG

Like I said justice from 500 yards.
looks like an M68 to me, not an acog...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts