Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OUCH!!!!! Just go an email from the dealer I've been working with here in Northern California (Brentwood Dodge) saying that he had a red and yellow one on the way. The red was going to ship on 2-27-03 and no info when the yellow was coming. When I called to put the deposit on the red one he told me that they weren't going to charge msrp for the car anymore that they are asking 2k over despite the fact that he told me they were going to charge msrp when I put my name on the list. He told me that the invoice on the car was 19k so they weren't going to be making any money on the car if they sold it for msrp $19,995. This type of lying backstabbing price gouging sh**t sucks. I am about ready to drop the idea of this car all together. Does anybody know of a dealer up Northern CA that isn't gouging their customers.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
What an ASS!! Sorry to hear that. The invoice on the car is $18,575 and the dealer holdback on this car is approx. $600. So, by going off of MSRP, that gives the dealer $2,020 profit. Thats REAL GOOD for a compact car if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear that man. I don't know how to fight that cause the dealers can do what they want price wise with the car afterwards b/c they did purchase it from the factory. Only suggestion is maybe to wait a little while longer and maybe the price will go down or look somewhere else.

·
Registered
16 Posts
this is the story all aroud california, dealers kno they can go way over msrp and still get customers. and thats not all we have to pay one of the highest sales tax as well.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Ya, considering you guys contain about half of the richest homos (movie stars, richie riches, etc.) who can afford almost anything. I'm gonna crap myself if I see a rich boy (or girl) with an SRT-4! They should stay outta our market, in my opinion. Why don't they go buy themselves a Lamborghini?! :evil:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Just to add... the dealership does not put out any money for the car.
Dodge send them whatever, thats why no one is guranyeed a color.

Secondly at invoice the dealer is making $600 profit, without laying out a penny.
I am pretty sure if you get with dodge comsumer affairs dept, you'd get some help.

Cali

·
Registered
18 Posts
hummm

I'm sure things are done differently by different companies and different dealers have different deals... but in reply to the guy that says the dealer bought the car and can charge what he wants, that may only be half true. I have done quite a bit of work for a particular dealer and the large American corperation that he "gets" his cars from (not dcx) floorplans his cars for 6 months (I think, but maybe 3 months). Meaning if he gets a crappy selling car in and no one buys it in 6 months then at that point only is he out any money to the car maker. At that point the car is his. If he gets a load of hot selling cars and they are all gone in a week then he calls to get more and then waits for his check from the finance co and never once does he pay a cent to the auto maker for those cars. [bold]However,[/bold] he's free to charge what he would like at any point and either sell or not sell any car he wants since he's under contract to buy that car after 6 months of not selling it.

Just thought I'd throw that in for food for thought.

Schnitz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts