Dodge SRT Forum banner

Back from SRT-4 driving school =)

3K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  telebofh 
#1 ·
My bud just got back from Cali. I think he said it was in Irving. The school was put on by a company called RPM racing school, I think that was the name. He said that it was put on by them alone no Chrysler or PVO reps at all. They told him that when they get back they will be able to order the car. He is at work right now and said it isn't in the computer yet, but they are trying to send it thru by the sales codes to see if it will go anyway.

They got to race the car on three different tracks. they had a instructor in the passangers seat the whole time. He said that they told them what to do going in and out of corners and down the strait aways. It was all very structured and planed what and how they were to do things. One rule that they had was you couldn't go to third gear, no higher than second ( probably for speed safety). John said the car ran great and excellerated like a bat out of hell. The only problem he had was spinning the tires while powering out of a corner. He said it handled alot better than he thought it would have, and shifted very smoothly. They had two cars to compare it to a Civic Si and a SVT Focus. He told me after driving all three the SRT is in a totaly different class and should have had better cars to compare it with.

The scoop they were told abot availible parts are the three stages of turbo upgrades like we all know about and he said they were told that, ok are you ready race fans "The LSD will be a dealer option" John did tell me that he didn't notice any tourqsteer whatsoever, not even a hint. They were also told that 2500 will be the # of cars this year. I know everyone has been told different info we will see by summer how many will be made.

The main reason he called me was to get me another copy of the order agreement that I signed with the dealer, because unlike others, they were not told to sell it at MSRP and the talk between all the sales guys and some owners that were at the driving school was they are looking to make some money and mark it up as far as they can. And a big part of what is fueling that is alot of the dealers have sizeable lists of people with money down to buy the car right now. ( We wouldn't know any of those people would we?) Gotta go get that copy and he also brought back some other stuff for me from the drive. I know my info is different than some others that have been to SRT school so we will see. :wink:

See less See more
#4 ·
it will be 5000 a year, but this year will be ~2500 because they began building them in the middle of the year. (car year)

#5 ·
He told me 2600 but I wrote it down wrong. My bud gave me the book he got from the school and a sun glasses strap that says "SRT-4 Launch:RPM Driving School" on it. The book is preety cool, it has a few pages pointing out Handling, Breaking and Acceleration. Stats on all three cars that were compared, maps of the test tracks set up, an SRT-4 demonstration between the SRT-4 and the Porsche Boxter. He said the SRT beat the porsche by a car and a half.

#7 ·
damn, i would love to get that handout!!

#10 ·
do you know's LSD it is? is it a mopar unit? or are quaife supplying them? hopefully...

#11 ·
I would put up the bs flag but no time.....
Look, 2.500 This year? Alone? One dealer is not going to get only 2 cars.
I did a little estimation.
There is about 1000 dealers i would say. If each dealer got one of every color which means 4 cars per dealer. that would be 4000. And the "Production" number is 2500? So i really think thats all made up here on the most evil... internet. Some many rumors get started here. I can say dodge is going to make 13,000 and someone could beilive it and start telling everyone. I really think everyone went overboard on this. WE are the ones that raised this price of the car if these "guys" said "were going to raise price". I called the dealer today, they said they cant even make a reservation becasue there is no order information. And the dealer said around Late Feb Early March. so this is going way to far, and if the "crazed" people goto a dealer, they are only making matters worse. But the worse is if you "Put your name down" Because a dodge resarcher walks in, looks at that list, tells dodge then all of a sudden they raise the price, and "lower production"
So right now, im not going to trust anything except the darn greedy dealers. The info on here is going far beyond overboard.

#12 ·
forgot to add...
I REALLY dont think dodge would let this car sell over 20,000 becasue then its not worth it, they would loose thousands of buyers, becasue you can just go down to a mazda with 220 hp, and under 20k. i wouldnt think dodge would want this to happen.
They even say it on car and driver
something like "if this were over 20k forget it, but for 20k its unbeatable for the bucks."
So again i say. Right now Dodge is F :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?:g around with people. Just playing the game.

#13 ·
People just need to suck it up and admit they don't know anything. No one knows for sure how many they're gonna make and if you have one reserved, like most of you do, it shouldn't really matter anyways. Never trust your dealer! :eek: If Dodge is smart they will make as many as they can sell. After all, they're in the buisness to make money.

-Faast

#14 ·
People just need to suck it up and admit they don't know anything. No one knows for sure how many they're gonna make and if you have one reserved, like most of you do, it shouldn't really matter anyways. Never trust your dealer!

-Faast
Wow, someone said it. :D :D :D :D :D
THANK YOU Slow5oh :eek: :p
I mean, why would my SOUTH CALI (cali is one that gets the cars first)dealer say this from about july "We cant sir, there is not even an ordering form yet, but just keep trying back"
And even at the LA AUTO show, i asked ALL dodge employees there, they said noone will know the production numbers for a while.

#15 ·
Slow5OH said:
People just need to suck it up and admit they don't know anything. No one knows for sure how many they're gonna make and if you have one reserved, like most of you do, it shouldn't really matter anyways. Never trust your dealer! :eek: If Dodge is smart they will make as many as they can sell. After all, they're in the buisness to make money.

-Faast

Hey, I have no problem claiming ignorance...but that's part of the reason I'm here -- looking for clues to the truth. I know you can't believe everything you read, but there are some nuggets to be harvested from the pile here...

#16 ·
Croation said:
People just need to suck it up and admit they don't know anything. No one knows for sure how many they're gonna make and if you have one reserved, like most of you do, it shouldn't really matter anyways. Never trust your dealer!

-Faast
Wow, someone said it. :D :D :D :D :D
THANK YOU Slow5oh :eek: :p
I mean, why would my SOUTH CALI (cali is one that gets the cars first)dealer say this from about july "We cant sir, there is not even an ordering form yet, but just keep trying back"
And even at the LA AUTO show, i asked ALL dodge employees there, they said noone will know the production numbers for a while.

Croation, if you're in California, get your money together and keep close to a good dealership. From my inside sources (take it with a grain of salt) DC is trying to get a January release date for California and Florida. The mid-south should be getting vehicles around March. The Chicago/Cincinnati/Midwest should be getting them around April and the other parts should have them by May.

Just have that money ready and be ready to head to the dealership!

#17 ·
i heard late february to early march for the detroit area, and thats from the lady running the display at the autoshow last week, she said that it wont be hard to get a SRT-4 all the dealer has to do is order em and she said she never heard such a thing about each dealer only getting 2-4

#19 ·
BSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

IM WAVING THE HUGE BS FLAG ON THIS ONE.

If and when someone proves this , I will insert foot in ass.
We in FL. know that a certain dealership, will be getting 4 units up front! + more during the year.

ALSO: The chrysler triging/driving session is in Homestead ,fl the 21st .....so Irvine?

#21 ·
Until a) the cars arrive on the lot or b) we hear an official announcement from Dodge, take all this information for what it is, second-hand information. I'm not saying one source is any better than the other. Any number of things could have happened from the time the person got the information to the time someone received it and posted it. If its like any other complex machinery, the announced ship dates and production numbers will fluctuate. I'm just saying, probably everyone who has posted information, thought it was true and posted it in good faith. That information could have changed. All we can do is wait and hope they will arrive sooner than later. Just don't believe everything you read as fact.

#22 ·
Sorry Croation didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.

I know everyone has been told different info we will see by summer how many will be made.
as you can see I'm also sceptical about the numbers, I don't think anyone knows numbers. BTW One of the sales men at the school said he had already ordered one 2 weeks ago, and my bud called him out and said "no you didn't order one yet they are not in the TOPS system yet and everyone will be able to order at the same time because it is a nation wide system". The guy backed down and said " well maybe we just took a deposite and put the name on a list".

My good friend left tuesday morning flu down to southern cali went to the 4.5 hour school and came back that night. I talked to him less than 4 hours after he left the school so his info wasn't very old. I also got to see the notes that he took. This was a special school set up by DaimlerChrysler Academy and the info was read off of what was given to them to teach. The main thing is that My dealer now has the certification and they can now order and sell the car. When the ordering can really take place is yet to be seen. John also said that all the schools are using the same books and all the same cars for comparison.

There were 12 cars at the school but only three colors,Red, Black, and Yellow he said that yellow stood out more than the others and really looked sharp,( his own opinion ) . The cars won't be sold they will be used for crash tests and some will be taken apart to look for problems, like stress cracks and breaks and other resurch.

This is not a bunch of B.S. I'm only giving you the facts that I have from the school, BTW anyone else been to the school yet or have a good friend that has gone?

#24 ·
Grunge said:
Is there any way you can scan some of the handbook and post it on here? I'm sure everyone would appreciate as much information as they can get. Thanks.
I am working on getting that done as we speak. I'm going on about 6 hours sleep in the last 3 days so I'm not up to par on my attention span when my scanner is giving me fits. I may sleep for a while and do them later today. I will get it on here. Can some one give me a free server I can use to host, the last two I've used SUCK!!!! :evil:

Thanks

#25 ·
Hey, no problem. I know some people with webspace, so when I get home from work, if you haven't found a place yet, I'll contact you. If possible, please PM your email address to me or if you have instant messenger so I can contact you sooner when I get home. thanks.

#26 ·
daytonagts said:
Sorry Croation didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.

I know everyone has been told different info we will see by summer how many will be made.
as you can see I'm also sceptical about the numbers, I don't think anyone knows numbers. BTW One of the sales men at the school said he had already ordered one 2 weeks ago, and my bud called him out and said "no you didn't order one yet they are not in the TOPS system yet and everyone will be able to order at the same time because it is a nation wide system". The guy backed down and said " well maybe we just took a deposite and put the name on a list".

My good friend left tuesday morning flu down to southern cali went to the 4.5 hour school and came back that night. I talked to him less than 4 hours after he left the school so his info wasn't very old. I also got to see the notes that he took. This was a special school set up by DaimlerChrysler Academy and the info was read off of what was given to them to teach. The main thing is that My dealer now has the certification and they can now order and sell the car. When the ordering can really take place is yet to be seen. John also said that all the schools are using the same books and all the same cars for comparison.

There were 12 cars at the school but only three colors,Red, Black, and Yellow he said that yellow stood out more than the others and really looked sharp,( his own opinion ) . The cars won't be sold they will be used for crash tests and some will be taken apart to look for problems, like stress cracks and breaks and other resurch.

This is not a bunch of B.S. I'm only giving you the facts that I have from the school, BTW anyone else been to the school yet or have a good friend that has gone?
What's the internet address for this school you speak of?

-Faast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.