Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might remember B&G Performance PCM as the first company to publicly come out with reflashed stock PCMs, specifically calibrations that raised the rev limiter to 7000rpm and revised the spark tables. Well, last month I noticed that they did something that might foreshadow some of their future products...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160113861868

I'm just getting around to posting this now. I know that the new upcoming SCT product lets you do everything that B&G can do for you and more (SCT lets you buy the hand-held programmer so you can write your own custom calibrations), but the more options that are out there, the more it stirs up competition, and the consumer wins. Anyhow, enough talk... Enjoy speculating... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pizza Boy said:
i just dont get it...what is your point again?
You really can't figure it out? This means more options for custom calibrated PCMs, possibly including "with toys" features. No cornered market on custom cals, more features offered, and lower prices for consumers.

·
Premium Member
45,259 Posts
phubarr said:
You really can't figure it out? More options for custom calibrated PCMs, possibly including "with toys" features. No cornered market, more features offered and lower prices for consumers.
im trying to find the correlation between what you are saying and that link you posted..

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pizza Boy said:
phubarr said:
You really can't figure it out? More options for custom calibrated PCMs, possibly including "with toys" features. No cornered market, more features offered and lower prices for consumers.
im trying to find the correlation between what you are saying and that link you posted..
That's an eBay auction where B&G Performance PCM was the highest bidder for a S2 w/toys PCM. If experience tells us something, they're most likely interested in extracting and modifying the code behind the Stage 2 w/toys PCM calibration. That's a good sign!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
r.j-lo said:
either that or they needed an ECU upgrade for thier daughters school mobile
Could be, but with all their business investments in data acquisition equipment and custom-written emulation software for Chrysler NGC3 PCMs, do you really think they'd pay so much to get a hold of such a desirable PCM and not want to take a look at the code? I'm willing to bet they would. This is the speculation I referred to in post #1. ;)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problem, it was a valid idea. It's all speculation at this point (unless B&G will comment...?), but I think the most rational explanation is that it was for research and development. I'm pretty excited that the playing field is just now starting to level out in terms of computer reflashing abilities. If R&D continues along its current path, it might eventually strike some newfound fear in EVO and STI owners. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts