Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
yeah they are supposed to come with gaskets but the gaskets that the exhaust comes with are flimsy and sucks, i would get thicker ones, and it is not safe to install w/o them. you will get exhaust leaks and it will sound bad.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Incorrect, the B&B Turboback exhaust does not require OR COME WITH gaskets at all. It has flanged ends and doesn't need them. I have had my B&B Turboback on for a while now, and it is perfect, not 1 single problem, and no exhaust leaks. Install this without gaskets, because its not suppose to use them. This is the highest quality exhaust hands down, and ive seen several others. Have fun with it!

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
I have the same question. I just purchased a use BB turboback and wanted to where to get gaskets if I needed them.

·
Banned
3,005 Posts
Go to Autozone. There like $3 for 2 high quality Mr. Gasket 3" 3 Bolt gaskets. Of course you will need 3 of them. Also, if I remember correctly, talking to CSC president Ron, I dont think he used gaskets either. Could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure he didnt.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
mine came with gaskets and a few extras to be exact. i used them, why would you not want to? even if i didn't get them with the exhaust why not spend a couple $$ on gaskets to eliminate leaks. you will be pissed if you install it w/o gaskets and get leaks and have to take it apart and do it all over again. save youself some time and go get gaskets. you need 2 of them.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
yeah i dont know where you got your exhaust from dewiejr but you are supposed to get them with gaskets. gaskets are used to create a none leaking seal. mine came with one clamp and the rest gaskets. oh and chisrt-4 you should get a really thick gasket where the down pipe meets the manifold because the stock gasket wont do shyt. you need the thicker one because at that point the manifold stretched and bent and wont really match up right with your new down pipe.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just got ahold of BnB company. They said you are not going to get gaskets with the systems and you are suppose to use them. He said though would not recommend using gaskets and to use ULTRA Copper from Napa or any other auto store. Its a silicone product made strickly for exhausts. He said that it was a lot durable than gaskets.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No it is more of a sealant than a gasket. There are 2 types of Ultra copper. A material that you cut and make your own gasket and the gooey stuff that is what the silicne stuff is to seal the pipping together without using a gasket. It takes place of using a gasket.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
When I got mine, I only recieved one gasket, so I used the one on the mid pipe flange and not one on the axle piece flange. Sure enought the axle piece leaked really bad without a gasket. Called B&B and got another one, put it on, and boom no leaks now.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
do i need a gasket for the downpipe

·
Registered
144 Posts
I didnt have any gaskets for my B&B catback. I got some copper silicone for exhausts and used it on the flanges, no leaks. I tried finding gaskets locally everywhere and no one carried them. also it is a 3" (2) bolt gasket, not a (3) bolt.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I just got one for a customer. Something has got me a little concerned with the B&B. I normally don't say much about other products, but I gota say something about this because of the price. The quality of manufacture is nice...no doubt. It's the design of the tail pipes I have a problem with.

Basically they cut the two 2.5 inch pipes in half, then weld them together, then stick that end into a 3 inch collector and weld the the assy. As you look into the collector from the 3 inch side, you can see the 2 pipes that were welded together, with about a 1/8 inch gap (some places more) all the way around between the 2.5 inch pipes outer circumfrance, and the inner circumfrance of the 3 inch collector. If you do the math, you end up with something a lot less than a 3 inch exhaust path. Here's a pic:

The measurements I took were about 2 5/8 inch at the widest point. Not to menation that gap around the pipe is going to cause some flow issues.

Personally, I used to think these were the best dual tip exhaust system for the SRT, and would reccomend them. That was going off of what other people have said....my mistake. After seeing one in person, they will not be reccomended any more. If this were a $600-$700 exhaust, I could maybe see this kind of construction, but not for $900, and not from a major producer of high quality exhaust systems. Do you think the guys with the Vipers would put up with this????

Take this info for what you will. I know the guys with the B&B's love them. That's cool. I just wanted to pass on this info. I have nothing to gain from this, as MAXX Fab does not sell a comperable product to the B&B dual tip.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.