Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody get to this yet? I'm anxious to compare sounds. I put a Maxxfab dp on my B&B, and after adding a resonator in the back pipe, have ended up with a tremendous sounding, free flowing exhaust (without the resonator, the sound was unbearable).

I'm curious to hear what the B&B race dp will sound like (wondering if the small resonator they use will be enough). Please share.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
625 Posts
Those who have ordered the full turbo backs will be gettin there down pipes with in a few days as they shipping out today. Once a few of them end up on the cars you should be able to get a comparison form some one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
there's not much back pressure, but when you're at WOT it sounds really sick. I'd say it's the best sounding exhaust I've heard. The tradeoff for loss of backpressure is completly worthwhile.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
625 Posts
On a side note our local test monkey had the high flow cat added to his down pipe and he saw a noticable loss in H/P but mostly in Torque compared to when he just had the resonator. Just a little FYI, for those wanting crazy H/P with a high flow cat. More power is seen with just the resonator.

·
Registered
230 Posts
B&B turbo back w/cat installed!

:clap: Got it tuesday afternoon and installed it wednesday morning (after working all night, I couldn't sleep knowing it was in the garage).
The idle sounds sick, like stock X2. The butt dyno does feel a nice gain overall, cruising about 65-70mph and dropping it into 3rd makes it pucker. Now about the sound, its mean and loud, just what I asked for. :thedevil: The popping and growling is crazy. There is one downside, the exhaust is it's loudest acelerating and cruising at 3000 rpm in 5th gear which equals 80mph, my cruising speed to work. It is not a good loud, seems like a resonance (I've read about similar issues with other 3" mufflerless/ resonatorless systems too). Cruising at 75 or 85 the issue is not there and it sounds just a little louder than stock (good loud). I guess i'll just get to work a little earlier :eveilgrin . I'm not complaining, I knew what I was getting, I'm just reporting for those who may want to know.

My verdict: :thumbsup: this was definitley worth the $900 and almost 3 month wait. I am very happy with the quality and performance of this piece. No pics or clips yet, it has been raining for 2 days here and is just plain nasty. Will try to put something together next week.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
FAZT-4, Mine, with NO resonator or cat (Maxfab O2 housing and race dp) was unbearable, with the rasp you're describing, but probably much worse, cause you at least have a small resonator (I'm assuming your dp has B&B's resonator, not cat).

I know you don't want to spend more time or $$, but I've got to tell you, an 18" resonator, welded into the long straight back piece, just after where the dp connects, made my exhaust PERFECT. It's aggressive, but great sounding, at everything from highway cruise to WOT. It trasformed my exhaust from one of the worst I've ever heard to the best I've yet heard on the SRT-4.

Consider something similar if you're not really happy with it the way it is now. You won't regret it.

Edit: Whoops, I just looked at your sig. I'm real surprised your exhaust is raspy with the cat version. Anyway, if that's the case, my suggestion still stands. But maybe a smaller resonator for you, then.

·
Registered
230 Posts
DP03, thanks for the advice, something to consider. Also it doesn't seem as bad lately, I didn't have the radio on for the first few days...lol

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
625 Posts
LOL, that's so typical. I think every one of us that puts and exhaust on our cars ends up driving around with out the radio on for a few days at least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts