Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this car since 2005 original owner passed emissions every year with Stage 1 ECU , Billy Boat racing DP , and other basic bolt-ons. Its garaged kept I only track it so rarely gets used ... I always just go to the express lane for AZ emissions passed with flying colors everytime. Well..... last week my car was locked and opened so the Anti Theft got activated ..(kids playing around in the garage) not thinking anything of it when I saw the red circle blinking to start it and take down to emissions.... they plugged her and and boooooom..... Slapped with a Vehicle Tampered .. not valid for registration :( .... So I had to go to a wavier station ( that is short for you are a screwed emissions line) So, I had no idea what was going on I just disconnected battery and drove it around for about 30 miles went to auto parts store their obdc reader was able to read it with no issues, perfect I can just take to the waiver station tell them to rescan it ....nope... Out comes the judge... pop your hood, mirrors under the car, ruler for height.. the final verdict

* Monitors for cataliyic converter, oxgen sensor, and evap system unsupported, pvc system vents to atmosphere ....

So that being said.. anybody got a stock exhaust system in Arizona ... i have my stock ecu but even with a defouler im pretty sure stage 0 will still fail? right. And catch can needs to be rerouted arg...

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
a non-fouler should take care of the cat code even on stg0. The pcv setup, i would probably just add a line back to the IM like stock for the test an then change it back after the test.

Soooo thankful i dont have to worry about any of that crap! I can ride around daily with my exhaust dumping right from the downpipe and the cops dont care!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a non-fouler should take care of the cat code even on stg0. The pcv setup, i would probably just add a line back to the IM like stock for the test an then change it back after the test.

Soooo thankful i dont have to worry about any of that crap! I can ride around daily with my exhaust dumping right from the downpipe and the cops dont care!

Plugged stock pcm back yesterday gonna drive around for like 20 miles and see if the old CEL comes on ... crossing fingers. And yea I just rerouted the catch can and took the breather filter off so they dont think im still running it. What a PITA.. in AZ we have to do this every year or I can buy the 2 year registration which Im thinking that might be a better choice this year.

·
Registered
365 Posts

Jesus me too...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Plugged stock pcm back yesterday gonna drive around for like 20 miles and see if the old CEL comes on ... crossing fingers. And yea I just rerouted the catch can and took the breather filter off so they dont think im still running it. What a PITA.. in AZ we have to do this every year or I can buy the 2 year registration which Im thinking that might be a better choice this year.
Do you have a family member who you could use to register the car out of state? Lol.. nah, its my uncles car. Vroom vroom.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Which greater area do you live? Tucson has become a PITA. I think I'm going to finally switch as many of my cars over to collectors coverage just because I don't have the time to play musical drive cycle readiness games, plus wasting hours in line.

I was once accused of doing a motor swap in the NSX because the engine wasn't where they thought it should be. Then they grew even more frustrated because the throttle kept cutting out on the rollers (TCS), so I had to instruct them to disable the TCS, then they tried to claim it was a check engine light.

They couldn't locate the cats on the Viper because they're hidden in the side sills - they wanted to disassemble the vehicle for visual verification. That one is a nightmare to ready up because the catalyst check, so when it's not ready it raises suspicion. Steady 50mph for a solid 10mins, four times from cold start (too fast and too many lights for in-town, and too slow for the interstate).

Emissions has become worse than TSA. I'm pretty sure their goal is to eliminate all vehicles 5 years or older from the roads, and force poor people to use public transportation.

The Vehicle Tampered flag isn't from the security system, it's from basic readiness checks not being available (like rear O2 and EVAP have been on all cars since 1996, so N/A status will cause insta-fail for those).

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
It’s almost like your arizona is turning into our california;). Catch cans are legal because it’s a closed system. I believe bfmics are 100% legal in California but most run BOVs which are not.
JmalB i think youve offered me that exhaust before. My financeé’s (fianceé) parents are in Sierra Vista down by the border. If he doesn’t pick up that exhaust in the next few months I will lmao

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE, failed again.. haven't put enough miles on the stock PCM and wasn't registering yet.. for some reason I though it was 30 miles but I guess not :(. The pcv system was also a pain.. I forgot that the AGP intake does not have another bung for the crank case line... :( I had to try and fit the stock air box back in and broke a hard vacuum line ... good times...

·
Registered
365 Posts
UPDATE, failed again.. haven't put enough miles on the stock PCM and wasn't registering yet.. for some reason I though it was 30 miles but I guess not :(. The pcv system was also a pain.. I forgot that the AGP intake does not have another bung for the crank case line... :( I had to try and fit the stock air box back in and broke a hard vacuum line ... good times...
Easy thing to add a drill and a little time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Getting close to take another crack at it... stock pcm doing good, I believe its in a ready state... CEL stays solid with key turned to on position. I did just throw a code for over boost , I forgot I have a stage 2 wga so putting the stock back on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I passed!!!!!!!!!!!! though I would never be happier to get tags .... Note to self keep all the stock parts I have now so future me reads this and knows to keep his stock parts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts