Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched but found mixed info.

Need to replace one of my axles seals. Not paying $30 at the dealer. I'm reading, and rockauto sells the axle seal for an auto neon and says it will fit.

Anyone on here running that axle seal? If so is it alright to go ahead and run?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Oreillys has them if I remember it says they are for the auto trans but they are the correct ones.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Dealer ones may be $30, but I have read about other ones leaking shortly after installation which is why I've always used OEM ones. Not a hard swap, though, so I guess no biggie if it does start to leak again.

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Hmmm... Let me see man. I buy these in bulk, maybe 4 at a time lol. I use to replace them every time I removed my axles, I was paranoid about leaks.

This one axle would leak from where the inboard of the seal was to where the axle was. I thought it was the seal and ended up installing over 4-5 of them (Some from the dealer as well). Come to find out it was actually my axle that was causing the leaks- it was no longer making a good seal w/ the axle seals. To think I could've saved a bunch of money instead of paying 28 a pop at the dealer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dam yea these are only $7. Can buy four of these for same price of dealer.

Thanks alot man.

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
No problem- 1Lap taught me to use a little bead of black RTV around the lip of the seal. Perfecto* no leaks no matter how you bash it in there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bump for part number

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Get the seals from NAPA....just ask for the auto trans. ones, as they're the same as an srt

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not to sound stupid, but can you specify what year/engine/tranny or have a part number? I don't want to tear it down and be out of luck for a few days waiting for parts to be shipped into my small town napa if I get the wrong one. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts