Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty sure i screwed myself i felt for the lip and thought i was on the right spot but apparently i was not so with this being bent am i screwed? What will happen i put it all back together im assuming its still gonna puke fluid?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Try and bend it back as much as you can to make it as straight as possible. I've seen some pretty bent up ones still hold up after being straightened out a little. Use a mopar seal as well, or you may be back in there real soon replacing it again. Hopefully it's not damaged too much in there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I did use a mopar seal and bent it back best i could it dont seem bad let say what would happen if it was bent to bad or had a hole in it from a screw driver would it still leak fluid from the seal? I bent it back pretty good but noticed the deal still leaking alittle maybe its fluid i missed when i cleaned up i hope its ok. Im not working i have no unemployment and no money left to fix it so im screwed hopefully i can find a job in a few days if i have to fix it. Whats is involved in replacing it?

·
Registered
345 Posts
That piece shouldn't have much affect on the sealing of the axle seal. I believe they call that an oil slinger or something it sits on one side of the race for the differential, So replacing it would require removal of the trans/differential cover. I guess maybe it could limit the flow of fluid being pushed out of the spinning diff bearings but I can't imagine it has that much affect on the seal's sealing ability, especially considering it's only on the one side. I'd clean it off and re-inspect it after a little driving. If it's still leaking make sure there's no other problems like a scored seal housing or an accidentally ripped seal before you condemn the piece in the diff.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill have to keep an eye on it cuz i didnt bend it to bad i used a mopar seal and block of wood to get the seal seated perfectly. So im pretty sure the seal is in right it was alittle moist maybe i got a leak somewhere else.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its good now it must have been fluid left over from when it was leaking i cleaned it real good and no more leak so im happy.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Hacked mine up worse than that a few years ago changing my axle seal and haven't had any leaks. So I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok awesome i feel much better about it now everything seems fine on it now hopefully this axle holds ups.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is how my first axle broke ive broken axles in my old neon but this is the first in the srt and ive never seen an axle break like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts