Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in the middle of rebuilding an '03 SRT-4 and I had a question. Is it possible to replace the bearing on the "Axle Intermediate Shaft - Mopar (5037341AA)"? If so, any specific part numbers for that alternative? As I understand, this bearing was never an option to buy from Mopar and instead one had to buy the whole shaft. I've searched online but I haven't come across anything definitive on the matter. As I'm replacing some leaky old cv axles already, I figure it's best to replace that bearing as well.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Its my understanding that the bearing was never replaceable. the whole shaft has to be replaced. I'm sure a custom part could be made, but i dont know of anywhere that has done that in the past.

If you didnt know, a new OEM intermediate shaft can be purchased from modern performance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Google the number. They are on sale right now too! I may buy one just bc
Yeah, I was initially going to do that, but then I thought that it seems like a bit of a waste. I saw online some guy using a of JAF bearing...(JAF bearing. #63088-2RS D-3) and there is supposedly a Timken option.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
$225 from MPX isn't too terribly bad.
It's an easy fix but don't overtighten/strip the two, short bolts holding the bearing bracket.
Use longer bolts (stainless fully threaded from Ace) if you do, the bolt holes are tapped all the way down.

·
Registered
344 Posts
$225 from MPX isn't too terribly bad.
$125 through Mopar right now

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, its not there anymore but it was Mopar site when I found it. A Walmart link on google has it for $144 but there is a bigger issue.... Since this thread was made all the Mopar sites show its been Discontinued!!!... Not cool, guess I better do as I said and buy one now.
Weird how that happened. I tried to purchased but was refunded by a couple of dealer sites due to them no longer having the item.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Weird how that happened. I tried to purchased but was refunded by a couple of dealer sites due to them no longer having the item.
I was going to say that exact thing you posted. If anyone bought, id imagine someone gets a refund quickly. I guess $225 from Mpx isnt looking too bad now lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts