Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all the srt4 gurus left on here. Does anybody have any idea where I can get new bushings for the upper/lower and transmission mounts? Or avids contact info or even if the Agp bushings will work in them??? Or should I just go to a machine shop and see if they can replace them. I would rather do it my self though. Any info greatly appreciated. I have tried to searchb on here can't find nothing but one guy saying he sent them back to avid and they replaced them at no charge. But no contact info was left for avid. Thanks again.

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply anyways. (y)

·
Registered
57 Posts
3m window weld super fast eurathane works well as a substitute for motor mount bushings

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info if I need to go that route I will keep that in mind thanks I'll probably just take these to a local machine shop and see what they can do or just get a agp set but still thanks for the heads up on that

·
Registered
57 Posts
back in the day everyone use to fill stock mounts with window weld

Reactions: Whiteout46

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I'm doing. But also going to take these to my local shop and have them rebuild these ones for me. Then I'll just have a back up set. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Reactions: Memphiscbrider

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I found some strut/shock bottom stop urethane from either Prothane or Energy that was 85 durometer in hardness.
The 85 has some give to it so no dashboard vibrations unlike the solid hard plastic that is in most engine struts.
Find some stops that will get you close and the machine shop can cut for final dimensions, the machining is easier said than done.

The 3M window weld is the way that I would do it today, since it is easy to use and has some give to absorb the vibes.

Reactions: Whiteout46
1 - 9 of 9 Posts