Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TECH Exchange Editor
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following are some example topics that could benefit from having a TECH EXCHANGE article written. This is not to say these are the only topics that will be considered, but can serve as a starting point for ideas.

General Topics:

How to Winterize your SRT-4
How to Prepare for Dyno Testing
SRT-4 power ratings

Technical Topics:

SRT-4 Intake manifold
SRT-4 Fuel injection
SRT-4 Exhaust manifold
SRT-4 Headers
SRT-4 Fuel system
SRT-4 Body kits conversions
SRT-4 Body repairs
SRT-4 Transmission removal
SRT-4 Safety ratings
SRT-4 Engine oil change
SRT-4 Transmission oil change
SRT-4 Differential oil change
SRT-4 Tire Wear
SRT-4 Tire Inspection & Rotation
SRT-4 Tire Alignment
SRT-4 Suspension Features
SRT-4 Springs
SRT-4 Shock Absorbers
SRT-4 Air Filter
SRT-4 Disc Brakes
SRT-4 Big Brake Conversion
SRT-4 Headlight Conversion
SRT-4 Headlight Swap
SRT-4 ipod adapter
SRT-4 Battery replacement

Common Problems:

SRT-4 engine stalling
SRT-4 engine won't start
SRT-4 engine oil leak
SRT-4 engine dies
SRT-4 engine knock
SRT-4 engine ticking noise
SRT-4 engine break-in period
SRT-4 engine codes
SRT-4 emissions testing

Ready to start? Avoid disappointment by discussing your topic with the TECH EXCHANGE Editor and getting a pre-approval.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
basically its another how-to section
Kind of but, more detailed & the pictures won't disappear. Also, if you submit a lot you could get free membership. Sounds like it could be a better How-to Section.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Yea but the How-to section doesnt have common problems and the fixes for them

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I like the idea, I should start doing how tos more often lol

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Is how to swap a SRT 4 subframe into a 1g without making a single cut to it or the frame worth a feature?

·
TECH Exchange Editor
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the other thing... search engines love new content. Since this car is out of production, its hard to find and attract new members. Those that do have one may be looking for this kind of information and, hopefully, can't find it somewhere else.

If the repair or mod they're looking for pops up when they're searching, they'll stop by and keep coming back.

Don

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
some old timers (like me) stopped doing this and helping people cause some of the modulators would erase posts and thats all im going to say about that subject
Wasn't that a lot to do with John and contradicting his advice? He's gone now and proven a fake and with new moderation, all should be well.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Is this going to become some sort of Wikipedia for cars?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I would like to see a write up on the different heads (avenger, 420a, 2.4l NA, etc..) that can be used on this car, what is involved in fitting them & why you would choose each one.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
whats going to happen to all the how-tos already on the site? If someone already has an approved how-to(How-To Lower your car(SRT4), can that be submitted to the Tech Exchange section?

·
TECH Exchange Editor
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Existing How-to's will remain where they are. In exceptional cases, they can be submitted as TECH Exchange articles, but if they are long threads, they'll have to be condensed into a single, closed post on the topic. This can only be done by the OP as well.

A new article on "How to Lower Your Car" is going to be examined pretty closely. Because this is an old topic, it will need to be authoritative and comprehensive in its approach. (i.e. - Do the sway bar links need to be shortened too?)

There is always room for new articles, because we all learn more as time goes on.

Thanks... Don

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's not a bad way to look at it... just restricted to SRT-4 topics.

Don
I could see that being a more helpful then the how-to forum, and many of the how-to's with some clean up and organization would be a great start.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
If I still had mine I would've had a few short write-ups, almost how to's for the nsrt.

Paint the rear crossmember on a rolled bumper mod, paint it black so you don't have that god awful primer color showing.

how keeping your engine bay clean partly helps vehicle/engine life.

ya know kinda random but sometimes almost a spill of experience for others to kind of catch on and understand better, rather than a short limited paragraph on a post.

Kinda like this but yeah the issue of the How To's vs. the Tech Exchange names are gonna be a factor.

Maybe change the venue to a "Your own Mods" section??? This way people can post what they have done if they want and provide the information like you have set, maybe at times not as much reasoning behind it, but you know give people a chance to really show their stuff. Compared to the How To section which mostly contains information pertaining to mods that are recommended for perf/safety/tuning/etc.

A section where so and so decided to repaint his interior, or make his own shift knob out of wood.

·
TECH Exchange Editor
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There's really a few things that separate a TECH Exchange article from a How-to post.

Articles are expected to be authoritative and complete. There should be no need for discussion and any issues with what is presented are taken directly to the author.

They are all in one place and so, should be easier to find than a random thread that got buried 16 pages down in an active forum.

They are arranged with similar articles, so when you're looking for one thing, you may find something else of use right there.

There is still plenty of room for How-to's which anybody can post on any topic. Tech Exchange does not replace the How-to's section.

Best... Don

·
Registered
399 Posts
So.... About those articles, this has been on the forum for 4 months and there are 3 articles? All of which were submitted by AF Don. I just really don't understand How this is going to benefit anyone over the how to section. 4 months, 3 articles, 20 something post's in that time frame. ???

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
There's really a few things that separate a TECH Exchange article from a How-to post.

Articles are expected to be authoritative and complete. There should be no need for discussion and any issues with what is presented are taken directly to the author.

They are all in one place and so, should be easier to find than a random thread that got buried 16 pages down in an active forum.

They are arranged with similar articles, so when you're looking for one thing, you may find something else of use right there.

There is still plenty of room for How-to's which anybody can post on any topic. Tech Exchange does not replace the How-to's section.

Best... Don
This is off topic for the thread, but I never understood this sign off to emails/messages. In fact I had a nice laugh at work with a few colleagues when we caught our manager ending an email with it.

Also, the inherent problem with this format is that almost all how-to's are impromptu written by individuals actually performing the service out of necessity. The next time something on my car breaks, I might look back here and see if it is something you need written up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts