Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Howard,

Are you going up? I might go to spectate if the Lime Rock crew doesn't meet up on Sunday. It's not too far from my house.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure yet ED-depends on what I may do SAT night. I've driven at this site before and I'm not fond of the parking lot: surface quality is not the best. It's an old Firestone plant? (as you may well know). They run in numerical order which is interesting as opposed to heats.

Also, I've posted about autoxes before and I've never seen another SRT4-so I'm trying to compare times with Wrx/Sti that are in the same class. I don't know if I'm fast or too damn slow...lol

I'll call you if I go.

(What is the Limerock crew?)--Where/when/why/what is that? Meeting up before the SRT Experience?

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ed, just left you a voicemail: If there is a meet-keep me posted. That might be more fun than to dedicate an entire day at autox.

If you want to meet up and spectate the autox - we can do that for a bit, take some photos, then goto the meet the Limerock crew for lunch, etc.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In this case, let's meet at the autox site: plenty of parking (big lot), plenty of other cars zooming around-we don't have to stay all day since I probably don't plan to drive.

Some of us can then goto lunch somewhere....I'm from NY, so I don't know CT well.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm driving this today. See y'all there if you stop by.

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Jabbit said:
This is what Ed was talking about.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237084

I am trying to find someplace local to Lime Rock (SRT Experience on Monday) so that we can meet some people we wouldn't otherwise get the chance to meet. Post in the thread if you can think of a good place to meet.
Sorry, I left that thread for Howard. The only places that I know of are down in Torrington. There is a Burger King we sometimes stop at to eat. Jean and Nivo have been there, but may not remember where it is. Its down by RT 8.

Don't know what time you're arriving, but you can come down to the Auto-Cross in Bristol. Howard has posted directions in a prior post in this thread.

I'll be heading up in about an hour to the auto cross.

My cell number 203-530-3477 if you guys want to meet up with us or we'll meet up with you later on where ever you are.

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
Jabbit said:
This is what Ed was talking about.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237084

I am trying to find someplace local to Lime Rock (SRT Experience on Monday) so that we can meet some people we wouldn't otherwise get the chance to meet. Post in the thread if you can think of a good place to meet.
There is not much local to lime rock, they have plenty of parking so I'd suggest just meeting up in the lot. Hope you guys have fun!

Edit: hope you guys beat my best timed lap in my 65' :readclose 1:10

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here are my videos from this past weekend:

RESULTS: http://www.cartct.com/index1.php?center=results/04-02-06.HTM

EVENT PHOTOS: http://www.cartct.com/index1.php?center=results/04-02-06/04-02-06p.html

Thanks to ED (ptc01), Dan & John (Mass guys going to SRTExperience) + Ken? Gary for stopping by!!! I really need a fan club for all the other cars that whooped my ass.

Here are the results, I was placed into CSP class with grouped me with the Miatas, 944, and RX7...a tough class.

My best time was a 48.917 on my third run. Which places me about 59th in a field of 114 cars. Not a bad day's work.

Who says a Neon can't handle? Videos:
Run1
Run2
Run3
Third run filmed by Ed
Run4

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
i would prob get walked all over but i would love to try one of these sometime almost more than the 1/4 mile post up if your going again sometime

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
honor,
you should look into scca events in your area. i'm sure there are dozens of events-here's an idea go and check out the MA subaru boards for events.

i sometimes go down to long island and/or nj. CT is convenient since i don't have to pay tolls...but as you can see from the parking lot that the pavement sucks.

cart runs autoxes almost every sunday: just check the site in the link above. bristol is about as far north as I will go for an autox.

The TRACK on the other hand i will go 4-5 hours away for as long as I have the days off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts