Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the store today and picked up the june issue of HCI magazine, a large section of the magazine is only about the SRT-4 and the new MOPAR speed shops! It shows alot of pictures like the turbo upgrades, LSD, and the coilovers. Heres some of the info:

Coilovers will lower our cars 1.4 to 2.6 inches made by KW suspension.
Stage one has: New ECU, larger injectors and brings the power up to 235 hp and 2601b-ft of torque.
stage two has: bigger turbo setup, The td05h turbo also comes with a new intake manifold, ecm, fuel injectors,variable pressure fuel rail, all hose and fittings,3.0-bar map sensor, 3.0-bar tip sensor, high flow fuel pump and more! will make 270 hp and 280 1b-ft of torque.

It says those hp numbers are modest, and the car will be pushing well over 300hp!

LSD: there is a picture and they say its available very soon!

Custom Autometer gauges are also coming out for the SRT! There will also be an A-pillar pod, and a dash pod coming out for the srt-4!

There is alot of more info! All srt-4 owners need to get this issue of HCI (hot compact & imports)

Ryan

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
After viewing the SEMA LA part store, A.K.A. Dodge show area, I am holding out for the sway bar kit, coil overs, Mopar BOV, LSD, and the Stage 1.

When? JUNE 2003.

On the stage II it will require a new pump that is also used on the Viper. Did they mentioned that? I have to look at my show card,. I swore it mentioned a new fuel pump for the STAGE II Kit.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still need to read the rest of it! There's alot of info!

It also says that MOPAR just purchased a drag strip in Banning CA, for it new facility! They plan on building a monster speed shop! It will offer parts and accessories, there will be lifts, tools and technicians available to service our cars! Says there will also be a site on Mopars motor facility for testing and tuning!

Ryan

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
differentracing said:
Ya mother MOPAR is a serious invester in the Banning 1/4 mile. I think it opens in Oct some time, but dont quote me on that. Should be a nice track at 2100 feet.
gotta stray off topic but good job on that 13.5 whats the Lexus run?

·
Registered
884 Posts
acr2nv said:
gotta stray off topic but good job on that 13.5 whats the Lexus run?
Not sure, never ran it. Thats my daily driver. Ya the 13.5 was with Nitto 555r that were cold. We now have some slicks and are headed back on the 15th of May to do some testing. Where ever we go we hear "thats only a slow ass saturn, what the hell is it doing here." After the run its like "Oh shit! theres that saturn again, man it can move." When we get back we will have to post the vids of the saturn hopefully running 12's. Its nice to see more domestics run in the IDRC, CMI, NOPI, and NHRA classes.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I like the engine info from Darrell Cox, the info in there is awesome. Lets you know what stock parts are good(almost all of em) and what you need to upgrade. I liked the aluminium rods myself. Get those and some lighter valvetrain parts, and I will be a happy camper. Lets put the revlimiter at the end of the tach where it belongs!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the article and although it does say that a new intake manifold is included in stage 2 I bet it is a misprint and they mean a new exhaust manifold. Very good articles and the engine info is eye opening for the durabilty of the stock components unmodified or slightly modified.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Does it say anything about where all the Speed Shops will be located? New York seems to be on Pluto. I hope there's one up here. I'm still not going to do any serious tuning until all these good stuff is out to research. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
xither0ckxi said:
at the auto show at the convention center,did any of u take pics of the products or the srt4's there? i have not seen any on this site?
Click here or do a search for noids post, he took a bunch, plus a video.

·
Registered
253 Posts
website for hot compact import mag.....

www.hcimagazine.com/

·
Super Moderator
‘20 MUSTANG GT/VORTECH SUPERCHARGED/10 SPEED
6,326 Posts
Scott Mohler: To be able to go to the track, pull up to the staging lanes and run 11's on street tires, full interior, baby seat still in the back
I like your thinking Scott. :wink:

I'd personally like to get some 10's when it's all said & done.:twisted:

Oh yeah, my baby seat will be back there too. :lol:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
xither0ckxi said:
at the auto show at the convention center,did any of u take pics of the products or the srt4's there? i have not seen any on this site?
I took a ton of pics too - but since I didn't use a flash - most of them suck. here are a couple though that turned out alright. lotta hot models - my friedn Jay and I had an awesome time.
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=241221

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.