Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, mine blew out of the flange. very pissed. dragged the bov for about 500 feet before i had a chance to pull over a check it. very pissed. now my bov is scraped up, internals look fine. no pics yet. very pissed. no hardware store within 30 miles of my has big enough snap rings to remount it. very pissed.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i emailed them, best i can do right now. ill let ya know what i find out. warning to all others, be careful, you might blow yours off too :(

and no, i wasnt doing anything unusual, just running hard and then bam! all my boost is gone and the car is making funny noises.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
did you tighten the bolt on the back of your BOV at all, because maybe (just a theory), you tightened it too much and it wasn't letting out enough air, so it blew off? :idea:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah, like one guy had mentioned, took it all the way out, then once it put pressure on the valve i gave it a 3/4 turn and that was it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i dont meant to make a joke about this, but i find it interesting that the blow off valve actually blew off the engine

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
NeverNZ said:
i dont meant to make a joke about this, but i find it interesting that the blow off valve actually blew off the engine
LMAO!

The bov sh ould not come off regardless of how much pressure you have in the system. Maybe it was a faulty flange? THough I must admit, I have heard of bov coming off from authentic HKS flanges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts