Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you worked with Akins in Winder with your SRT? I am looking for a very mild mod friendly dealer. I am looking to do STS, Stage 1, and Borla. I bought my baby at Gwinnett Place, and they said that they would back up anything that they installed. But, I don't want to pay someone $60/hr to install a STS that I could just as easily do. If I have to go that route I will, but I live in Athens and getting to Duluth to have stuff done in a timely fashion so I can have my car the same day is a bit of a hassle (I don't want to have to take off work to get shit done). Thanks for any suggestions. Oh, and PitViper, I would guess that Palmer is out???

·
Banned
5,254 Posts
Things are getting a little strange. My car was at the dealership here in town today. Turned it in for the 9,000 mile service, to fix a TSB that I brought in with me and to replace boost gauge that seems to stick all the time now. Did not hear from them until around 2 and it was making me a little nervous. I talked to them on the phone and they said wires and plugs are on order as well as a new boost gauge and line that it will be here next week and everything is covered under warrenty. These are the same guys that screwed me on the price ( I know different department, but one part of a business represents the entire business to me) and would not give me a straight answer about warrenty work and mopar parts when I first bought it. I expected to have to go in a fitch a pit.(yes Jason, I know its backwards) I am not a heavy moded car but if its a bolt on I probably have it strapped on my car somewhere. What is going to be funny is if you guys end up coming all the way down here for warrenty work. Might go in tomorrow and talk to the head of maintence and see what his out look on life is. Strange days indeed, very peculiar momma.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Now thinking about it, maybe we shouldn't be mentioning "Good Dealer" names in on the forum. Those little warranty trolls watch and collect evidence and plot against us I tell you.

I think I'm gonna change my name to Crazy_dunnie :frogtongu

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
bodizapha13 said:
cool, then I will change my name to m_dunnie. That will fool them
I don't think that would be good, they already have documentation on me. :tongue: to them...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PyroPVO said:
STS Stage1 and Borla can collectively be installed in around 40 minutes, max.
Not worried about installation. I know that i could get them installed without a problem by myself. I just wanted to know if anyone had a good/or bad dealership experience.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
m_dunnie said:
Now thinking about it, maybe we shouldn't be mentioning "Good Dealer" names in on the forum. Those little warranty trolls watch and collect evidence and plot against us I tell you.

I think I'm gonna change my name to Crazy_dunnie :frogtongu
PM me if you are worried about warranty trolls.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wildcat, where abouts are you in Athens? I haven't seen a silver SRT-4 in the area, just a red one that sounds like he is running an exhaust? I live in Athens also and drive a white Evo. She is rarely out except on weekends (or my days off during the week). Are you going to UGA? Hit me up so we can get together sometime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.