Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my car is on the lift at a do it yourself garage right now and we can't figure out how to get at the bolts on the turbo side of the o2 housing. We removed all the mounting bolts for the lower heat shield but there is a support bar for the turbo that keeps it from being removed entirely. Anyone have any quick tips for me? The garage is going to close soon and my car is in pieces :buah:
Tim

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
move it over where? all I can seem to do is move it up and down maybe 2 inches with that support bar in there.

What'd you use to get at the bolts? a 30" extension with a u-joint? did you get them off from the top or the bottom of the car?

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I managed to get all 4 of the o2 housing nuts off, and found the hidden 5th one on the bottom side connecting it to a support for some reason. I tried to remove that diagonal support but couldn't get enough leverage to loosen the nut. Once I got all the nuts off the o2 housing it would rattle around a little bit, but for the life of me I couldn't get it off. It would get stuck, and I could push it back on and it would rattle around again. The shop closed so I had to hook up the cat piece again and drive 1/4 mile back home with no nuts holding the o2 housing on. Had a nice paper sounding rattle to it. Needless to say my lower heat shield is mangled to all hell and back. When I get that diagonal support off I'm going to take it out for good. I'm seriously considering ordering the T3/T4 Turbonetics kit this week.

3 of the o2 housing nuts came off, but the 4th came out with the bolt. This was the driver's side upper one. It didn't look like the bolt broke, but was made that way. I can't figure out what the housing is catching on. My friend thought it might be the gasket was stuck but it moved way too much to be that. Any ideas?

As for now my car is pretty much parked for good until I get the new housing on, or put the nuts back on the old one.

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.