Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very rough sketch, but what do you guys think? I also got rid of the amber bulbs.
I plan on doing these mods soon. Thank you Mr. picture/car owner! :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
can anyone put some mesh fog light covers on the car that say PVO on them. kinda like what the wrx people can get.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Red car that Car and Driver tested had no black foglight surrounds. There are a few pics in the article that I noticed didn't have them.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zeitgeist said:
The Red car that Car and Driver tested had no black foglight surrounds. There are a few pics in the article that I noticed didn't have them.
I've had this picture forever & I never noticed that. Maybe I can just pull 'em off & it'll be red already? I'm heading to my garage now, thanks Zeit.

They pulled right off and it's painted red. The only problem is there are 3 rectangular holes where they clip in to. I'll sport it anyway while I drop them off to be painted, along with the hood scoop & mirrors.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daytona, I know RaptorRed (Blk SRT-4) re-painted his inserts glossy black. It looked good but since it was already close to black it doesn't stick out like the other colored SRT's would.

I just removed the hood scoop as well while I was down there. I unspun the two bolts underneath the scoop under the the hood then pulled up until the screw bottoms were above the holes then I pulled it out. I'm gonna call around tomorrow and get some pricing on painting these red. I'll wait a little on the mirrors cause I know those will take longer to do.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
daytonagts said:
Just be careful with the hood scoop because it will cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$ to replace it :wink:
I know, I saw the thread $100 employee/dealer cost?

I was driving to the Tampa meet a couple of weeks ago and I got in front of another red SRT-4 and in my rear view the scoop looked too close to the front of the hood. So until I get another hood, I'll just paint the scoop red so it doesn't show up soo much, kinda like the black SRT's. :wink:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i like what Raptor did with his car

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
daytonagts said:
Kinda!!!! if you get it done in semi-gloss :wink:
Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
RUgoinup said:
Daytona, I know RaptorRed (Blk SRT-4) re-painted his inserts glossy black. It looked good but since it was already close to black it doesn't stick out like the other colored SRT's would.
I just pulled mine off and cleand up around them and it does look preety good, exept for the three holes. Well I don't know Maybe , Maybe not. :?

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put everything back on. The Dodge paint shop said the paint would eventually peel, but I don't believe him. I'll go w/ Exhaust D's Red hood scoop if he ever produces it, and leave the inserts for now. :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
RUgoinup said:
I put everything back on. The Dodge paint shop said the paint would eventually peel, but I don't believe him. I'll go w/ Exhaust D's Red hood scoop if he ever produces it, and leave the inserts for now. :roll:
Well since you know I'm a painter, I do know how to paint plastic and have it stick for a mighty long time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
daytonagts
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing