Dodge SRT Forum banner

ARP connecting rods bolts

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  alEX98 
#1 ·
Hi There,
I am in a stock engine rebuilt project. I can't find new stock connecting rods bolts. I want to change these.
They are discontinued...
Next route is ARP. Modern performance sell them but, being in canada makes that complicated to buy in Texas.
I have p/n :251-6202 that modern used to sell back in 2010. They are for 1.8 ecotech engine.
Now modern are using some bolts for olfer ford engine...

Someone as the ARP P/N that would work with my stock connecting rod ?

Thanks a lot.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi There,
I am in a stock engine rebuilt project. I can't find new stock connecting rods bolts. I want to change these.
They are discontinued...
Next route is ARP. Modern performance sell them but, being in canada makes that complicated to buy in Texas.
I have p/n :251-6202 that modern used to sell back in 2010. They are for 1.8 ecotech engine.
Now modern are using some bolts for olfer ford engine...

Someone as the ARP P/N that would work with my stock connecting rod ?

Thanks a lot.
you will be fine using aftermarket parts, arp bolts are fine to use.

price is one issue but dont use a bolt thats made for another car altogether...

#5 ·
Thanks for all the advices. Just a review for other people that need the info : I used the ARP p/n :251-6202 for the stock bottom end rebuild in my car. Used it for some milles and made 1 or 2 pulls. The ARP bolts fit perfect there. Torqued to 45 ft/lbs. The gap on the conn. rod bearings was perfect (within specs) with plastigage. Everything looks fine. No knock, perfect oil pressure...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.