Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ever since i can remember, the setting was Sept 99 i signed on the line for my shining spanking new 00 ES (Deep Amythist 5 speed :shock: ) Neon. Shortly after i got the biggest boner when hey! "Supercharged 208hp Neon SRT" hits the show stands...i told myself then "i will follow this car to the end in hopes to one day own one". Fast foward almost 4 years and here i sit, broke, carless and most importantly joyless....and then along comes the car i swore i would own but cannot be. Everyone who knows me knows i eat , breath, shiet and speak Neons no matter what i know the cold hard truth and i can admit it and thats y i consider myself one of the few of us who can give credit where its due. I met RaptorRed and hes a class act and a very fine man and i respect the fact that he didnt frown upon my hardships and was able to make my dreams reality. The way things have gone for me this past year i dunno if i'll ever own one but atleast i can have the satisfaction of knowing that there are people like Raptor who know what they got and dont glorify themselves to make them feel different. Face it guys...if there wasnt a PL2000 chassis (Neon) there would be No PT Cruiser or SRT-4 and just bexcause Dodge claims its not a Neon it is very much so. I have the privilidge to say i own a Shelby Omni GLHS and back then it was an honor to say you had a GLH but i was more inspiring to hear the S at the end because no matter what each of the two cars earned their respect despite being crude, ugly, boxy etc at the end of the day they were all still Omnis eventhough 500 (mine being one of them) was given the Shelby treatment. I congratulate each and every one of you who owns one of these machines and like i said the day i saw the concept , "this car will be the holly grail for neons to come" and im sure many like me will agree. Sure its cheap, loud , has a basket handle etc but at the end of the day they are still Neons eventhough 5000+ were given the PVO treatment. I thank DCX for hanging in on the PL and PL2000 and not giving up on us enthusiasts who have all along begged and pleaded for more performance in general. I just wanted to make sure that you guys understood there are some of us out there that cannot and will not be able to buy an SRT-4 eventhough it is inexpensive its still way out our reach. At this point i can be content i have been given the honor of riding in one or two and thats all ive asked for since i sat down and had a reality check with myself. I just hope and pray that you guys understand that you all are all Neonites first and foremost and as so i treat everyone of u the same and expect that eventhough i may not be able to purchase one that you all understand and treat me as if i were a fellow neonite and dont try to distinguish yourselves from the Neon community. We have long been waiting this day like many of you all and many of our forums have devoted, resources, time and patience to bring everyone up to date info aswell as a place to gather and wait. I can only wish you guys luck and i hold no envy upon anyone as it is only i that could have controlled my destiny but just remember at the end of the day what is your car? thank you and god bless

Thanks Rob and Dan for making my dream come true...

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
When I get mine I'll not only give you a ride I'll let you take it for a spin. :wink:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I cant afford one yet either, but maybe this summer. Its good to know there are people like you on the scene.

Great post man :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am still (till I get my SRT-4) driving an Impreza...the factory turbo means it is a WRX...but never forget the roots.. :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
My club is full of Spec-V owners, since I traded mine in for this car.

They all appreciate the car, and I still plan to race them.

Let's hope the ricers stay away from the car for at least a while. (We can only hope).

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
You can come down here ant take mine for a spin. Heck, i Let the WRX guys take it for a spin to show them that I was not BS when I stated that a stock SRT-4 can take a WRX with a full exhaust system. :)

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
What's that noise in the background? Do I hear the commoners? Guards! Silence them! :D

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
p.s. ITS NOT A NEON! :p

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
ACR,

I'm in the same boat you are, only for the WRX(waits for sounds of disgust :p ). I'm lacking a positive cash flow right now so it'll prolly be a long time before I can afford one. But I sympathize with you, I love em but I can't afford them.

-faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i dont think anyone here thinks that wrx is a bad car. just not what we are looking for for the price. in my case at least. if the wrx could be taken to 500 whp without worrying about the tranny i might have gotten that instead.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I like the idea of AWD but I really dont like the way the WRX looks.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
did you see that picture with the wrx next to the srt-4? looked awefully similar. so i guess that makes the wrx a neon? :lol:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i might be interested in a wrx but the old man worked for chrysler for 30 years. there's no way i could ever buy anything but chrysler, its because of them i am where i am now. and plus the discounts, i mean come on.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
yeah, i guess those discounts would sway me one way.

·
Registered
726 Posts
RUgoinup said:
When I get mine I'll not only give you a ride I'll let you take it for a spin. :wink:
Absolutely...that's the spirit! I don't hate on any fellow enthusiast, no matter what they like or drive...or if they can afford an SRT-4 or not. I think we forget sometimes that we all have way more in common than we have differences. :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Slow5OH said:
ACR,

I'm in the same boat you are, only for the WRX(waits for sounds of disgust :p ). I'm lacking a positive cash flow right now so it'll prolly be a long time before I can afford one. But I sympathize with you, I love em but I can't afford them.

-faast
HEY, the '93 Legacy is a good car. Throw some $$$ into the suspension and you'll be happy with it.

I don't really care what kind of car someone has, it's more about their attitude to me.

P.S. it is a NEON

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
Slow5OH said:
ACR,

-faast
HEY, the '93 Legacy is a good car. Throw some $$$ into the suspension and you'll be happy with it.

I don't really care what kind of car someone has, it's more about their attitude to me.

P.S. it is a NEON
Yeah I've been flirting with the idea of getting some REX wheels and some suspension bits from Teagues, but right now I'm not sure if I want to start saving for something else or mod the Legacy. If I do well this summer and save some cash I might even pick up a 5.0 mustang, it's not a Subaru but maybe I could finagle some way to keep the Legacy for the winters. 8)

-faast

·
Registered
864 Posts
Slow5OH said:
Yeah I've been flirting with the idea of getting some REX wheels and some suspension bits from Teagues, but right now I'm not sure if I want to start saving for something else or mod the Legacy. If I do well this summer and save some cash I might even pick up a 5.0 mustang, it's not a Subaru but maybe I could finagle some way to keep the Legacy for the winters. 8)

-faast
New rims and a rear swaybar will do wonders, I promise. A RSB will only set you back ~$80 too. I miss my own gal. :( Love the RS though!

JC

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
AWD OWNZ U
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing