Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see who is going to be @ the SRT Track Experience monday April 3rd. I know of masssilver, 1badsrt, johnnybutt, and myself will be staying @ the interlaken inn on sunday night.

I would like to try to get a meet going Sunday night someplace. Who else will be in the area? Can any local guys suggest a place to meet?

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
If you guy's are going to meet up on Saturday or Sunday let me know. I'll make a trip up to meet with you. Need to put miles on my car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll be there. Staying at the Interlaken inn on Sun night as well. We should get something together drinks/dinner/whatever.

Don't know the area but I'll take a look see what I can find.

-Andrew

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Coming up from the south, Torrington CT is the last big city before you enter God's country. It's about 30 minutes south of the track. Eating places, including Berger King, McD's and others are listed here.

http://torrington.areaconnect.com/restaurants/

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
i'm staying in torrington, i'm kinda new on here but my name is andrew and i've been addicted to srt4's for 7 months, everyone "hi andrew" :hi: i figured i'd introduce myself cuz everyone seems to kinda know each other. thats my car in my sig. if anyone wants to meet in torrington i'm definitely down anywhere else i will probably be down to go but just don't want to get lost in that part of conn i heard there are some weird places in that area.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Torrington is the most populated place in that area but i can't recommend a place, someone from torrington please chime in.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
(Just an idea)...I posted about an autox taking place in Bristol. I was originally going to drive, however a meet would be less boring.

Maybe I'll start the autox then leave early if other SRT4's want to show up and we'll meet.

Come watch some cars, smell some rubber and then go have lunch?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'll be staying in Sharon CT on sunday night to go to the srt show on Monday.... The weather better hold up dammit !!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
htheduck said:
(Just an idea)...I posted about an autox taking place in Bristol. I was originally going to drive, however a meet would be less boring.

Maybe I'll start the autox then leave early if other SRT4's want to show up and we'll meet.

Come watch some cars, smell some rubber and then go have lunch?
Thats not a bad idea, bristol isn't too far from torrington, whens the autox event and is there an entrance fee.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237127

Answers: Sunday; yes-to drive, not to spectate.

-I think I plan on driving, since I need to shake the cogwebs out....

-I will be there at 830-900, I have an e-blue w/NY plates - come by with the Limerock crew and say hello

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
matz03 said:
I was just checking the cart site and it says no spectators so will it be a problem.
Matz03 - do you always follow the rules? (I'm sure you've never driven over 55 mph). Have you ever been to an autox before? This site is a humongus (sp?) parking lot with plenty of room, both for people to park and stage, etc. The people running the organization are NOT going to walk around and inspect each vehicle for participation/registration.

There is also a hillside area in which some spectators park and breakout a lawnchair or two and have lunch. Heck I've even shared a tent with some folks the last time I was there-right on the hillside.

What I mean to say is that THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM AT THIS FACILITY - just park towards the end of the lot and walk over if you're nervous. THERE IS NO AUTOX POLICE TO KICK YOU OUT. :rofl:

*added: CART runs in numerical order, which means that if there are 100 cars that day - there can only be 2 cars on the course at the same time. and thus leave about 6-10 cars staged before their runs. WHICH MEANS ABOUT 80 OR SO OTHER CARS WILL BE PARKED AND THEIR OWNERS WALKING ABOUT. So I would not worry so much about the website stating no spectators. :frogtongu

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Man I need to get some tires swapped and maybe I'll warm up for the Lime Rock day with the autox

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
GREG! good to hear from you bro.

I always use my stock tires for the autox-it's for shits and giggles.

I'm still using 03 rubber for the track and still have good life on them for about 5-8 more days this year.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts