Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2004 SRT-4
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the window belt moldings on my '04 aren't in terrible shape, except for the driver's side where a small piece (on the end) is coming off/apart....specifically where it overlaps the door pillar trim piece.
I could cut it off, but then it'd leave a small gap for water to get into -- I'm assuming.

When I went to the u-pull yard the other day though, they had a regular 2002 & another regular 2003 Neon there and they both had belt moldings that didn't have that high "flap" that went over that door pillar piece though. It was "low profile" let's say.

So did they change the moldings at some point and/or did SRT-4's only get that molding with the "flap" want went up onto/over the door pillar trim?

· Registered
67 Posts
When I went to the pick n pull locally in 2020 I found the same discovery with the several neons that were there too. I did some research back then and If I remember correctly, yes they redesigned the trim in the newer year models. I don’t recall what year though. It honestly may have been 04?

It’s such a bummer that these wear like they do and you can’t get them new. I contemplated switching mine to all of the old ones since it seems to be a total pain to find replacements for the redesign.

Aside from the potential water protection in the newer ones, from what I could see the older / lower ones actually hold up better cause they are a different / thicker rubber.

· Registered
2004 SRT-4
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I went to the pick n pull locally in 2020 I found the same discovery with the several neons that were there too. I did some research back then and If I remember correctly, yes they redesigned the trim in the newer year models. I don’t recall what year though. It honestly may have been 04?

It’s such a bummer that these wear like they do and you can’t get them new. I contemplated switching mine to all of the old ones since it seems to be a total pain to find replacements for the redesign.

Aside from the potential water protection in the newer ones, from what I could see the older / lower ones actually hold up better cause they are a different / thicker rubber.
I'm debating if it'd be worth it to pull them off the car at that Upull yard, and swap them all out.
I know it's doable, but it's a little bit of work

The older style, on those cars, did look to be in better shape though overall....despite being older cars.

· Registered
2004 SRT-4
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A very small drop of black window trim adheasive and some patience will fix that.
When you say that, you mean to leave that "flap" and use that adhesive to hold it back down/together?

Something like this?

· Registered
5,881 Posts
When you say that, you mean to leave that "flap" and use that adhesive to hold it back down/together?

Something like this?
Snob
  • yes. I've not had a problem with this window trim on my SRT-4 but it's an 03 if that is relevant.
  • yes, that is the product I used to re-attach the upper front weatherstripping to the top of the front door that came loose...I found the clip a couple of years later, but decided the fix was probably just as good if not better.

here's a couple of pictures of the area you are discussing on my car today. I've never had to futz with it:
Tire Wheel Musical instrument Guitar Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Grille

· Registered
2004 SRT-4
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Snob
  • yes. I've not had a problem with this window trim on my SRT-4 but it's an 03 if that is relevant.
  • yes, that is the product I used to re-attach the upper front weatherstripping to the top of the front door that came loose...I found the clip a couple of years later, but decided the fix was probably just as good if not better.

here's a couple of pictures of the area you are discussing on my car today. I've never had to futz with it:
View attachment 150040
View attachment 150039
Good deal....that'd definitely be the "easier" fix, versus pulling some moldings off another car and then my car & then going thru the work/labor of installing them too. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts