Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems in just the past few months that I am seeing more and more SXT/RT models everywhere sporting the short wing and chrome duel exhuast tips. I know within moments that its not an SRT4, but most of my less intrested friends don't realize the differences as quickly.

It hit home the other day when a couple different people I know came up to me and said "I have been seeing alot of cars like you used to have buzzing around"
Since I still have seen relatively few actual SRT4's I quized them about the wing height and front nose and I/C. Turns out they are problably just running into a flood of SRT4 wanabees, but the problem is they think they are all the same.

I think Dodge has done the SRT4 community a disservice by allowing the regular Neon to adopt the aggresive SRT4 look, its to difficult to tell apart for the casula observer.........

Anyone know the production numbers on the Neon RT and or SXT?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I count traffic...and sometimes I have to sit at an intersection and count the # of cars making turns and straight throughs......and every neon that goes by my co-worker is like "look an SRT-4" he knows the difference...he just says it cuz he thinks it pisses me off.....and here in tampa theres neons EVERYWHERE

·
Registered
399 Posts
Wait till you see these cruising around.Here's Dodges write up on it.
The SRT Design Group option is available on both SX 2.0 models. Instantly, you can give your SX 2.0 most of the looks of an SRT4 and attract more admiring glances wherever you go. SRT Design Group features include:

Unique front and rear fascias
SRT4 power-bulge hood
SRT4 rear spoiler
Dual bright exhaust tips
15-inch aluminum wheels
:flame:

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bluSRT said:
Wait till you see these cruising around.Here's Dodges write up on it.
The SRT Design Group option is available on both SX 2.0 models. Instantly, you can give your SX 2.0 most of the looks of an SRT4 and attract more admiring glances wherever you go. SRT Design Group features include:

Unique front and rear fascias
SRT4 power-bulge hood
SRT4 rear spoiler
Dual bright exhaust tips
15-inch aluminum wheels
:flame:

wow.......... that is bad. What in the world is Dodge thinking?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
it looks like a catfish with a hood scoop with that front end. i dont mind that they're releasing them, makes the SRT-4 alot less hunted and it could cause a mix up for a moderate car guy.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Xyber said:
I count traffic...and sometimes I have to sit at an intersection and count the # of cars making turns and straight throughs......and every neon that goes by my co-worker is like "look an SRT-4" he knows the difference...he just says it cuz he thinks it pisses me off.....and here in tampa theres neons EVERYWHERE
thank god, i thought I was the only one...
"Look thats like the 4th SRT-4 we have seen today!"
"Ugh..."
"Look thats 5, 6 and 7!"
then we pul into the USF parking lot...
yeah alot of neons around here, but no one will trade me a silver SXT spoiler... =(

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hehe, hey Ill chime in a vote too, I actually like that a lot more without the nostrils up front, makes it look much cleaner... hmm... swap?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
En-Glaived said:
thank god, i thought I was the only one...
"Look thats like the 4th SRT-4 we have seen today!"
"Ugh..."
"Look thats 5, 6 and 7!"
then we pul into the USF parking lot...
yeah alot of neons around here, but no one will trade me a silver SXT spoiler... =(

Yah i hear that Englaived, ive actually resorted to honking at older woman driving Sxt's and asking if they would trade there wing for mine, all i get in return is a weird stare and a drive off ... lol..... if i dont find anyone ill probably just say fook it and buy a some sxt spoiler off ebay or some shit.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Heheh... Hood scoop --> "2.0 wannabe"

·
Registered
745 Posts
Wow when they do start all that, its gonna be horrible. I already hate it when my friends are like look Tim its your car I'm like no and I have to school them on the diffeence between neons and srt4s. It will be even worse with this srt4 look a like package. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
bluSRT said:
:scratchhe How so, it looks pretty much the same for exception of the rims, intercoooler and paint around the fog lights.

No low lip on the front end, no rocker panel stick-ons... the rear doesnt hang as much.. probably no cutout for exhaust so you could have a nice single pipe without it looking goofy or doing body mods.

·
Registered
490 Posts
i dont see how the r/t and sxt are ruining the srt.. those two were out first then the srt came along. Really i dont care what ddodge comes out with, who am i to stop it. all i have to know is that i have the real thing and anyone who thinks its fake will be rewarded with the sight of my tailights :lol:

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Becca said:
i dont see how the r/t and sxt are ruining the srt.. those two were out first then the srt came along. Really i dont care what ddodge comes out with, who am i to stop it. all i have to know is that i have the real thing and anyone who thinks its fake will be rewarded with the sight of my tailights :lol:
To me the "ruining" comes from the fact that they are no longer so unique or appear rarely seen.

It totally sucks to have to explain to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that "my neon is the real SRT4, the fast one.........". To the average motorist the little SRT's are now buzzing around everywhere . :buah:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.