Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... or is my car not at the high end of the power curve?

When I am running 20-30mph in 2nd gear, if I floor it, I generally don't spin the tires. In fact, I'm not sure I ever have spun them while engaged in 2nd, maybe once shortly after I got it, but not anymore.

So what's happening? I hear people talk about lighting them up in 2nd gear at 30mph, and even though my car kicks me in the kidneys when I stomp on it at that speed, it certainly doesn't spin the tires.

It did seem to run harder when I first got it though, has the ECU backed down the boost on me or something?

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Where are you in the RPMs when you let out the clutch? If you are down low, it will not work.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, that's kinda what I was wondering. So you can't do it while fully engaged, you have to dump the clutch?

That makes me feel better about my car then. =]

·
Registered
132 Posts
If I'm in 2nd at 20-30mph with the clutch fully out and just floor it, I get zero wheel spin. Just good hard acceleration.

I think its just first gear you gotta watch out for. Easy to spin at launch and for me it seems to want to break away around 20mph if I have my foot to the floor.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have a MBC, and if I floor it around 20-30 with the clutch fully engaged, I can squeal the tires almost everytime. It must be because the MBC gives full boost in all gears, and it comes on FAST.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
srt4evah, just wait till you up the boost. I'm runnin 16.5psi and I spin all the time if I floor it.
Man that's what I am talking about!!!!....Im really having a hard time waiting for the 04's :(.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts