Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys I just thought that I would let you know that I got S-AFC installed yesterday. It was a kinda a pain but I'm sure it will be worth it. I will post Pix as soon as I can. The dealers service manual worth every penny. I just can't wait until I get the car on teh dyno to set up the S-AFC. I will keep you all informed.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Good to know! I have the dealer manual also. I will be hooking up the GReddy Emanage though. Right now when I set my controller to 15psi, I got 11/1 fuel ratio which is pretty good. If i up it to 12/1 it will give me more power but will not be as conservative.

I think I will start messing tunning the fuel when i get larger injectors. When you get larger injectors, then you will need the apexi to comensate for it.

Let us know how it goes. Make sure you tune it for a 15psi setting so you dont waist time and money on the dyno. I suggest you do all the basic mods before you adjust the afc.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
This one?

http://www.greddy.com/products/electronics.htm#Profec_e-01

Does it allow fuel tuing also, in addition to boost control?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Thats only the boost controller. But you can use it to controll the emanage which is a piggy back puter like the apexi afc is.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
No it does not. But im sure youc an controll timing via an MSD unit of some sort.

This is what it does:
e-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system, without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit, which taps into most factory ECU wiring and it still utilizes the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle(± 20% at 5 preset RPM points), by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals. For VTEC cars you can adjust the VTEC shift point.
Additional features that are built into the system, but are only accessible though the use of our PC-Windows based "e-Manage Support Tool" communication software (Please see our Authorized GReddy Support Dealers for more information) are a 16x16 Airflow Adjustmemt Map, Larger Main Injector correction adjustment, Upgrade Air Flow Meter adjustment, Boost Limiter Cut, Anti-engine Stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, Real-time Map Trace, Real-time Display, Real-time Communication, and basic Data-logging.

With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 Injector duty cycle Map and the Controls for adding up to 2 Addional Sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harrness" and the software is used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 Ignition Timing Map. All of the above Maps can also be Map-traced in Real-time as well. If the factory range of Map or Airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorperate our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressue Harness" to set larger scales of ajustment.

All installation and tuning should only be made by a trained techntion with proper Air/Fuel Monitoring tools.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
safc

I'm definately interested in how the S-AFC works, since I've got one I'm considering installing. Are the wire colors on the SRT the same as the first or second gen neons?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Actually i HOuld have read what i posted up top closer, duh, silly me.

YOu can also controll the ignition with it. I just got my emanage boost controller unit which is the main piece how you program the emanage ecu and you actualy hook up the ecu portion to the ignition system.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
I had a buddy trying to get this to work on the 1st ge neon but failed. He also mentioned that he couldn;t get the ignition portion of it to work. I'd like to know if you are able to get this to work on the SRT. Might be a good piece to use when the bigger turbo upgrades come and need bigger injectors.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
RedSRT4Me said:
I had a buddy trying to get this to work on the 1st ge neon but failed. He also mentioned that he couldn;t get the ignition portion of it to work. I'd like to know if you are able to get this to work on the SRT.
you couldnt get it to work with your vast knowledge of all things cars? hmmm, how odd...

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
"cant we all get along!!!?" :lol: :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had no problems getting the ing to work. The install went fairly easy, pretty straight forward, like I said before the dealers service manual really helped with the PCM pinout

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still playing with it a little but I think that it is 5 in and 5 out right now. I needed to lean it out a little between 3500 and 4000 and richen it up a bit at 5500. In sensor chk everything seems to check out ok

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
RedSRT4Me said:
did I say I tried to install it dipshit...
and you didnt try to help your friend? how nice of you.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
How do you know if you have to lean it or richen it, are you ygoing by the butt dyno or are you actually tuning iton a dyno or do you have a reliable o2 wideband sensor?

Hec

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They tuned it on the dyno and they use a wideband o2 to get accurate A/F readings. I thought about getting a wideband setup to monitor A/F all the time but I haven't decided yet, I think next will be N-Tercooler by NX. I would like to see what that will do.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
ti999er said:
I think next will be N-Tercooler by NX. I would like to see what that will do.
:twisted: :twisted: Pure evil :twisted: :twisted: you should throw some NOS in the tank when you dyno with N-Tercooler :roll: :twisted: 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
7 Participants
RedSRT4Me
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing