Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up. I think that when/if I get an SRT-4, one of the first 1G+ mods I'll give it are some new rollers. I'm curious if anyone else has swapped to bigger rims & tires and their reactions compared to stock. What's the ideal size tires anyone's found? What's the ideal style/brand of tires for street use [for now]? I'm thinking of some Axis NE-O 17x7's with some sticky rubber. Will 7 inches be enough to harness the power? Curious.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
well homefully next week i will have a set of konig verdicts on mine in the 17x7 flavor with stock tires until i can afford new ones. ill be sure to post pics

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I'm very interested in this as well. It seems that the 45mm offset might cause some limited wheel selections & or fitment issues?

I'd like to know what's the "fattest meats" (contact patch) one could effectively get in the wheel wells. I'm guessing a 225x45 tire on a 17x7in rim or a 235x45 on an 18x8 rim will be pushing it? Anyone know for sure?
Anyone running drag radials for daily driver use? Opinions/ reviews/ comments?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I think that a 225 would fit on an 8 inch rim (with 35mm offset), but i don't think we'll know till someone actually tries it. :idea:

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
mdhavi18 said:
I think that a 225 would fit on an 8 inch rim (with 35mm offset), but i don't think we'll know till someone actually tries it. :idea:
FYI- I called Centerline & they have their Lightweight RPM rims in a 42mm offset which they claim will fit.

I also called Volk Racing & they have some TE-37's with a 45mm offset. They didn't have them in the LE-37's as well as a few other styles. Appearently that's a bit of an unusual offset & not as widely produced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
-ND4SPD-
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing