Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on my rear strut bar tonight, got the Vibrant one. But the distance between the mounting plates was pretty wide and the eye bolts had to be extended pretty far out of the bar to connect to the plates. When the bolts stripped out of the bar upon tightening . I can't believe someone would have designed this thing to fit the SRT4, the fitment is so out of line its not even funny. freakin sucks. Bach she goes tomorrow, I thought it looked really nice for what it's worth. pos.

Anyone run this bar ?, have any issues ?

thanks

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
I believe some people have used a vibrant rear strut bar. Most people stick with the DC Sports/Mopar bars and the Pwerks bar. So you probably won't hear to much about that bar.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yup

I've got a vibrant rear strut bar. It wasn't too hard to get on. I do question it's legitimacy as far as stiffening. And I can physically push on it and it flexes. I could give it one kick, and not a very hard kick, and it would probably buckle. I push pretty hard in corners and I didn't notice a difference with it on. I wish I'd bucked up for the DC Sports strut bar. But I don't have a problem with stiffness. I can bring the ass end around at will in a corner. I'm running Hotchkiss sway bars. They got rid of that floaty stock feel. As far as the rear strut bar, it basically serves as a tie down point for my subwoofer. But, yeah defiantely a cheap POS.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RPMRUSH said:
I've got a vibrant rear strut bar. It wasn't too hard to get on. I do question it's legitimacy as far as stiffening. And I can physically push on it and it flexes. I could give it one kick, and not a very hard kick, and it would probably buckle. I push pretty hard in corners and I didn't notice a difference with it on. I wish I'd bucked up for the DC Sports strut bar. But I don't have a problem with stiffness. I can bring the ass end around at will in a corner. I'm running Hotchkiss sway bars. They got rid of that floaty stock feel. As far as the rear strut bar, it basically serves as a tie down point for my subwoofer. But, yeah defiantely a cheap POS.
Yeah I noticed that mine was definitely flimsy, if yours was like mine then it was likely due to the short bolt penetration into the bar on both ends. The bar is too short for the space between the strut mounts - 30 inch bar for a 34.25 opening = short bolt penetration when using 2.4 inch bolts. Basically a POS design, the bar was pretty flimsy itself as well. I don't know if they sent me the right bar, or if it was an error of some kind, but yours sounds similar to mine.

I returned it today for some other no-name bar, but this bar is much stiffer and fits much better , it doesn't flex under any pressure I put on it. This bar is about 32 inches wide, so it fits much better in the opening. I'm happy again, but don't recommend the Vibrant bar to anyone. I'd definitely do a higher end bar if I had to do it over again, you get what you pay for. thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts