Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have an article on a SRT-4 talking about it being gutted and lightened to 2500 wet weight. What I am getting at is the test of the Mopar Stage 3R turbo with the Stage 2 kit and 2.5-inch side-exit exhaust. Since a chassis dyno doesn't care about the car's weight, it read 317whp on pump gas with just the forementioned bolt-ons. Then, at level 3 with 100-octane fuel and water sprayer, they got 369whp and 383-lb/ft of torque. That is pretty impressive to me. Even at stock weight, the kit would rival most N/A V8 cars. Now, Mopar advertises that the turbo upgrade is a TD05-15GK. How does it compare to Turbochargers.com compressor upgrade to a Big 16G? Now, they did all that with the stock intercooler. Do you think it could reach to 400whp with a larger FMIC and maybe a little more boost? It also looked like in the dyno graph that the spool up is really low because it passes the stock dyno chart before it reaches peak torque. They talked about some suspension and tire upgrades to get the handling better and pulled slightly over 1g on the skidpad by using 225 tires and MP Stage 3 coilovers. Better front brake got stopping from 60mph to alittle over 100ft. It is a really cool article. I didn't care much for the gutting or carbonfiber panels, but power was interesting.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
NoLongerStock said:
They have an article on a SRT-4 talking about it being gutted and lightened to 2500 wet weight. What I am getting at is the test of the Mopar Stage 3R turbo with the Stage 2 kit and 2.5-inch side-exit exhaust. Since a chassis dyno doesn't care about the car's weight, it read 317whp on pump gas with just the forementioned bolt-ons. Then, at level 3 with 100-octane fuel and water sprayer, they got 369whp and 383-lb/ft of torque. That is pretty impressive to me. Even at stock weight, the kit would rival most N/A V8 cars. Now, Mopar advertises that the turbo upgrade is a TD05-15GK. How does it compare to Turbochargers.com compressor upgrade to a Big 16G? Now, they did all that with the stock intercooler. Do you think it could reach to 400whp with a larger FMIC and maybe a little more boost? It also looked like in the dyno graph that the spool up is really low because it passes the stock dyno chart before it reaches peak torque. They talked about some suspension and tire upgrades to get the handling better and pulled slightly over 1g on the skidpad by using 225 tires and MP Stage 3 coilovers. Better front brake got stopping from 60mph to alittle over 100ft. It is a really cool article. I didn't care much for the gutting or carbonfiber panels, but power was interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.