Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have not, I went and looked at the only one they had at my local Saturn dealer. I did not like it. Why have what is essentially a 4 door car if it does not have functional back seats. Also the way the gage area is set in there would drive me up the wall. I don’t know how safe it is to make a driver take their eyes completely off the road ahead of them so they can look at their speed. Also I stood there looking at it for like 10 minutes and no one ever bother to come out and even say high to me. They all staid in there nice air conditioned show room watching me. Would they have come out I would have politely pointed out that they need to get the damn empty bottle of water setting in the back floor board out of the car as it looks a little on the trashy side having a brand new car setting there with trash in the back.

I expect to get snubbed at a Cadillac dealer but I’ll be damned if I’m going to get snubbed at a Saturn Dealer.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I don't think anyone really want's to buy this car in the first place.. I mean Saturn is not a namebrand that come to mind when thinking of Performance. The only people that would buy it are people that buy Saturns in the first place.. And those people.. "not to stereotype" ..are usually not going to be the car enthusiast- motor heads like the rest of us and more than likely will not really try to race it whatesoever..

It would be cool to see a real life demonstration though instead of just figures on paper.. maybe we'll have better chances of racing the Cobalt when it comes out.. Now they're you go Chevy vs Dodge.. A true grudge match of american made engineering w/ decades worth of rivalry from Nascar to the Dragstrip... Now if only Ford would throw something w/ balls in our class to play with too..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was really close to buyin a redline, but i was very disappointed with the dealership, too, after a guy finally came out to show me the car, i was askin him all these questions and he didn't know anything. so i was just like 'forget it'. Im much happier wit the srt anyway. i haven't even seen a redline on the road.

·
Registered
554 Posts
SyVoL said:
I mean Saturn is not a namebrand that come to mind when thinking of Performance.

Like neon...

anywho... saturn's big thing is not to pressure you... in other words you kinda have to go to them. and i loved my saturn beat the living crap out of it much more then i do this car and i took it all. but the new design is kinda gay and basically i agree about only saturn people will by the redline because why not just get a cavalier with the 2.2 superchaged that isnt as gayly designed.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Dodge has the racing heritage, however to thier credit isn't Saturn the fastest FWD drag vehicle right now???

I still like my SRT better, and I didn't race a Redline yet however I did get in fron of one the other day just because I thought they should at least get used to that view :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Jerod said:
Dodge has the racing heritage, however to thier credit isn't Saturn the fastest FWD drag vehicle right now???

I still like my SRT better, and I didn't race a Redline yet however I did get in fron of one the other day just because I thought they should at least get used to that view :)
I sure as hell did when I raced that SRT-4. Owned me good.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Jerod said:
Well they’re the fastest in their class and I give them great props, but in my opinion they’re not running a true front wheel drive car. It's not in the same configuration as stock like the mopar car. They are basically running a rear wheel drive car with every thing up front. The engine and transmission sets just like a rear wheel drive car.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.