Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up a very clean 05 PT GT with the 5 speed Getrag.

Anyone out there have the same combo that is still active on these forums??

It seems like everyone has the automatic... Or over 50 with one of these.

·
Registered
6 Posts
PappaSmurf in da hizzzzz zzz-ouse.
Okay really don't kill me for that, First time i ever did it and realized how stupid i sound doing it. LOL

Okay so I was looking for a newb introduction section but guess I overlooked or missed it. Anyway....HEREs.........Peter:clap:

He along with another cruiser took away Top 25 at the recent SnowBird Fest Car Show in Orange Beach, AL

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try over at the PTCREW forum. lots of guys building them over there.
Yup I am on there and PTCruiserlinks. Not a fan of the layout of PTCREW. Really hard to sift through all the BS. There is soooo much mis-information on PTCruiserlinks it makes my head hurt.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice. It is a fun car. Easier to find that are not molested like the SRT-4 Neon. Just trying to learn about them more and maybe get this section going a bit since it has been dead.

Yea but they are really hard to find in a 5 speed, I'm actually looking for one again or another srt-4. But performance wise they are basically the same, since u have the 05 your ecu will be picky just like the 05 srt-4. But I used to race Mustang Gt's in mine all the time, and the look on there face when they get beat by a PT Cruiser is priceless ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
It was actually lowered on eibach springs in the front from a N/A PT. I got them for free and they worked, and I just cut a coil off the rears to level it out. Car handled very good! It was mostly stock cause when I bought it, it came with the lifetime warrenty+my bumper to bumper 100K, and I didn't do many mods. Mainly just deleted the muffler(A MUST! Kills top end with it on) and AGP wastegate I think.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It was actually lowered on eibach springs in the front from a N/A PT. I got them for free and they worked, and I just cut a coil off the rears to level it out. Car handled very good! It was mostly stock cause when I bought it, it came with the lifetime warrenty+my bumper to bumper 100K, and I didn't do many mods. Mainly just deleted the muffler(A MUST! Kills top end with it on) and AGP wastegate I think.
I did the muffler delete myself. I love it. I have a FM wastegate that I'm going to install once I get my boost Leaks fixed. Did the wastegate make any difference?

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did the muffler delete myself. I love it. I have a FM wastegate that I'm going to install once I get my boost Leaks fixed. Did the wastegate make any difference?
Will help you hold boost. If any aftermarket WGA I would go with the FM. The stock one is fine too. I plan on doing a full 3'' exhaust for maximum powah! :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm thinking about the 3" from cat back. Maybe with a resonator. Or a glasspack muffler. I'm not sure yet. It sounds good the way it is, I'm just looking to get a little more out of it. But as we all know it won't stop there. :eveilgrin

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well my main concern is the transmission. I am talking about the 5 speed Getrag 288s. There is not much info I can find on it. I know the slave cylinder is in the bell housing with the fork..Really weird. Not sure how much power it will hold. I hear there are people with over 400 with no issues. But they have an aftermarket clutch. Now what is the stock clutch good for? Over on PTCrew this guy went DSP and full 3'' exhaust and his clutch is going out. I hear it is only good for around 250whp. :/

Can anyone clarify what the stock clutch in the PT Cruiser GT is rated at?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have always thot of our trans as stronger the the one in the nsrt4; and have not heard of any failures of the getrag. My clutch has held for a few years @ 260 whp(mustang dyno) without issues with plently 1/4 m passes and dynos. Drawbacks are no factory lsd and the limited choice of performance aftermarket clutches.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have always thot of our trans as stronger the the one in the nsrt4; and have not heard of any failures of the getrag. My clutch has held for a few years @ 260 whp(mustang dyno) without issues with plently 1/4 m passes and dynos. Drawbacks are no factory lsd and the limited choice of performance aftermarket clutches.
That gives me a little bit more piece of mind. I hope to have around 250whp dynojet numbers with full 3'' exhaust.

So what options do we have on aftermarket clutches?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.