Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is something different about the SRT-4. Im not sure what it is....maybe the fact that its made by an American car company (though i dont see the focus or cavalier the same way) , but I dont see the SRT-4 like other sport compact cars. It almost seems wrong to put a body kit on this car, or chrome rims and other typical SCC things etc. This car feels like it comes out of the same vein as more classic muscle cars, yet with a 21st century twist. I almost want to put racing stripes on it (never thought id say that) , and some rims you would normally see on a mustang. If and when I get this car, I think I wanna stay as far away as possible from typical ricer/scc styles, and lean more towards classic American muscle car (as far as styling goes). Anyone else?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Keeping everything

I'm keeping everything so I can restore it to stock condition when it come time to sell it. Yes, in the future it maybe a hot ticket to keep factory stock; I want to play with it almost tell it brakes. Soo....I'm keeping every single thing I can get on the car in plastic bags and stuffed in boxes.
-James

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
im sorry but i will be changing the rims on my ride and will c what kinda kits they come out with for the srt4 as long as the kit doesnt look ricerish i c y not.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm gonna slap quite a few stickers on mine, a Type R badge, clear taillights, an extra set of aftermarket fog lamps, 20" rims, and "Fast and Furious" decals down the sides. My ride will be sweet! :)
LOL!! of course I am only kidding!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
oh yeah! why do YOU just add two big-ole Folgers can as your exhaust tips see how much powah you get out of them beans....

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
don't forget to saw off the old wing, go to a little tykes store and get one of those plastic benches and duct tape it to the trunk.

and paint the rims yellow, i think its been said before that it makes them lighter

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
how about that new body kit from U-haul called box and ship....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Don't forget, if it wasn't for the import performance scene there wouldn't be an SRT-4. The car is already ricey and I don't have a problem with that. The SRT-4 is simply Dodges effort to play in the market created with Hondas, Nissans, Toyotas, Subes, Mitzus, and Mazdas.

Don't dis them, these guys are the American Hot Rodders of this century. I respect the really good modded imports. Yes, there are some rediculous ones. Trust me there will be some SRT-4 guys with bad taste.

Gotta Jam. I am off to the NASCAR race. Guess what I am riding to the track in in? A cool WRX.

Can't wait for my SRT-4.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
What I want to do...most people will consider it riceish, but...it's just what I want, and don't go around insulting every "riced out" car you see, yeah, about 90% of them look and drive like shit, but there are a few that are sweet ass rides, all depending on the money and quality of the stuff you put into them. Personally I'm getting the loudest Turbo XS BOV, definetely yellow lights under the car, a loud ass and very nice system, different pedals and shifter, and I will put decals on it, but only if I actually have the stuff. It's cause it's what I want and a lot of people will think it's ricey, but it will also be very fast, very loud,and a very sweet ass ride, so go easy if you see me on the road and you think I'm too "ricey" for you :wink:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Terminator said:
What I want to do...most people will consider it riceish, but...it's just what I want, and don't go around insulting every "riced out" car you see, yeah, about 90% of them look and drive like shit, but there are a few that are sweet ass rides, all depending on the money and quality of the stuff you put into them. Personally I'm getting the loudest Turbo XS BOV, definetely yellow lights under the car, a loud ass and very nice system, different pedals and shifter, and I will put decals on it, but only if I actually have the stuff. It's cause it's what I want and a lot of people will think it's ricey, but it will also be very fast, very loud,and a very sweet ass ride, so go easy if you see me on the road and you think I'm too "ricey" for you :wink:
nuthing wrong with that...if you can run low 13s, 140s-160s db and look good in the process u'll have mad respect from me

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sorry if I offended anyone. I'm not making fun of people who actually put stickers on that make sense or of a product they do have. I was more making fun of the teenagers who slap Type R on everything they own or put japanese writing on there Neon. Just doesn't make sense to ME. And side graphics aren't a bad thing. Just annoying to see everyone and their mothers using the same graphics off Fast and Furious. I like creative people doing their own thing. BUt it takes stupid things to make me consider something ricey. SO as long as you don't own yourself a Dodge SRT-4 Type R, you are cool with me

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i wouldnt really consider the srt-4 ricey. everything "ricey" on it has a specific purpose that came stock.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree. I LOVE all the looks about the srt-4. Even the "basket handle" wing. It all goes together well to make one hell of a sweet package. :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
acr2nv said:
oh yeah! why do YOU just add two big-ole Folgers can as your exhaust tips see how much powah you get out of them beans....
I just heard coffee referred to as 'go juice' for the first time the other day...seems appropriate enough in the mods arena too! (I can hear it now..."I hear Maxwell House gives +7 hp at the wheels...") :lol:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
25 Participants
RaptorRed
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing