Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Went to the dealer today to get the ABS light straignted out. They plugged in the DRBIII, and said it was drivers speed sensor (who knows though, the're idiots there). They wouldnt cover me under warranty because of 'modifications' even though they couldnt specify which modifications caused it :gay:

Anyways, if anyone around here wouldnt mind letting me pull your speed sensor off, and put it on mine for a second to see if the ABS light goes away, I would really appreciate it. It should only take about 1/2 hr or so, total, I'll buy ya some dinner, or beer or money or whatever you want for your time :thumbsup:

BTW, service manager said it was going to be $240 for sensor and installation. I busted out laughing and asked the service manager how much the part was, he stated $240, I said "no, how much is the part?", he was like, 'ohhh, $71', I said, "your going to charge me $170 bucks to unclip a clip, and take a 10mm bolt off?!" , he said it was much more involved than that, so I went home to check the sensor myself, and I had it off in 5 mins, didnt even have to take the tire off, so, if anyone around here needs to goto Tri State Dodge in Dudley MA, don't even bother, their service dept. is even worse than Harr :crying:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
heh....i just quickly looked at the thread title and i thought it said something about "speed sensor and sex" lol

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ultimateone said:
Have you tried any of the vendors on here for a decent deal...

I will after I find out if the speed sensor is the problem or not, the dealer was full of idiots. I took my speed sensor off and tested it with a multimeter and it was registering voltages, however even the FSM doesnt tell me waht voltages it should have..

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Nick Fury said:
I will after I find out if the speed sensor is the problem or not, the dealer was full of idiots. I took my speed sensor off and tested it with a multimeter and it was registering voltages, however even the FSM doesnt tell me waht voltages it should have..
Nick. Check it for resistance as compaired to another known good one. Basicly it's just a coil. Also something that can cause a fault is debris on the toner gear or a loose wheel bearing. The latter maybe not so common in a FWD but posable.
Sorry to hear that about Tri-State. I've never used there service dept, but Ed and Jeff in parts has always taken care of me. Damn Shame.
I don't know if you remember the trouble I had with thier body shop.. :stab:

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month, 2011 Calendar C
8,393 Posts
If the speed sensor is the problem I can grab the one off my parts neon and give it to ya, that is if they're the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts