Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought id throw this out there for you guys waiting for delivery, or whos order is not going to be filled. Probly looking at 20k over sticker, but I cant say for sure as I have not contacted them. It has a 17k upgrade, and I am not sure of what options it has.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com...SxGyekE&DoThis=Jeep+SRT8+HEMI&ActionReq=Where

Just imagine throwing a 50shot with that upgrade, andyou have a 600hp suv lol. Would deffinately be one of the fastest in the world.

I was thinking of the upgrade, but for as expensive as it is, it seems kind of pointless untill the factory warenty runs out...freak

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats really cost effective....NOT. Let's do some more free advertising for Hennessey. That guy can fuck himself. I have a really good friend that got screwed over by that asshole on his Viper. Let's push his products and services. Better yet, lets push it onto people on this forum who are interested in something that will benefit them. Common sense says a supercharger can be fabbed up for under $10,000 and will get an SRT8 to 600HP w/o nitrous. Ever heard of Vortech or Paxton? GET A CLUE.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Damn...kind of harsh don't ya think? I don't blame you for being pissed off at Hennessey, but don't take it out on this guy. He, like many people obviously doesn't know about some of the things Hennessey has done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Naste50 said:
Thats really cost effective....NOT. Let's do some more free advertising for Hennessey. That guy can fuck himself. I have a really good friend that got screwed over by that asshole on his Viper. Let's push his products and services. Better yet, lets push it onto people on this forum who are interested in something that will benefit them. Common sense says a supercharger can be fabbed up for under $10,000 and will get an SRT8 to 600HP w/o nitrous. Ever heard of Vortech or Paxton? GET A CLUE.
Take a chill pill.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Grip- Where is my video w/out the traction control?? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm re-reading this a day later. I was a little tipsy last night and was looking on here for info on the fastest SRT8 Jeep and ran across this thread. I have to apologize. I'm not really like that so please don't take offense. It is true though, that guy charges some unbelievable prices. Steve Saleen and Lingenfelter Performance do as well. An SRT8 has a NASTY 6.1 and with a blower, it would be REALLY nasty. I gotta think a hell of a lot nastier than Hennessey would make it. BTW, does anyone have the "fastest" SRT8 Cherokee? I'm used to the Stang forums with the thousands of threads. I really like the Jeep and wondered how fast they have them going now. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
There really aren't alot of them modded just yet.. Little mods here and there and plenty of them are capable of 12's, but none at the track yet. There is a supercharger kit coming out really soon and obviously testing of heads and other items. There will definately be some fast ones soon. For right now there are still faster 5.9L Jeeps out there...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jerod said:
Grip- Where is my video w/out the traction control?? :)
I canceled my order when they couldn't get their stories straight about whether it affected the anti-lock brakes or not. I'm awaiting the release of another similar device that's supposed to be plug and play.

I'll post as soon as the damage is done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have heard some of the storis about henasee. I was not trying to advertise for them, although I suppose in a round about way I did. I posted it half as a joke, because I dont know anyone who is going to pay 18k for that upgrade, only to find out that they will not tell you exactly what parts they put into your engine. I sure as hell am not paying 900 dollars for their stall converter either. The fact that it says call for price is a good indicator that your about to get raped.

As far as the fastest srt cherokee, I dont know, there are not any of them around here accept for mine. I went out to the track tonight and my best time was a 13.28 with a 1.875 60ft. My reaction time wasnt that great.279 although not bad. I went threw the gates at 102.57mph. I think with a stall converter, cold air kit, and maybe a 50 shot, on a cold night I might break into the very high 12's lol. Deffinately if I had an exaughst upgrade. Right now I am compleatly stock. So I am sure its only a matter of time before we start seeing the JGC srt8's in the mid 12's and pobly lower.

I will give you this advice, stage deep if you want a good light. Worst part of my night was that they race handicap at my local track, and I was beaten by a guy running in a 19.68 seccond piece of crap. He actually ran a 19.72, not even a freakin tenth off his window time. I thought for sure he broke out.

I was not pluggin henasee bro, but from the research that I have done, other then zoomer, and magnaflow, henasee is one of the few offering actual performance parts for our vehicles. I hear rumors of cam upgrades, and pcm's from mopar, but so far nothing...freak

·
Registered
24 Posts
SRT8FREAK said:
I have heard some of the storis about henasee. I was not trying to advertise for them, although I suppose in a round about way I did. I posted it half as a joke, because I dont know anyone who is going to pay 18k for that upgrade, only to find out that they will not tell you exactly what parts they put into your engine. I sure as hell am not paying 900 dollars for their stall converter either. The fact that it says call for price is a good indicator that your about to get raped.

As far as the fastest srt cherokee, I dont know, there are not any of them around here accept for mine. I went out to the track tonight and my best time was a 13.28 with a 1.875 60ft. My reaction time wasnt that great.279 although not bad. I went threw the gates at 102.57mph. I think with a stall converter, cold air kit, and maybe a 50 shot, on a cold night I might break into the very high 12's lol. Deffinately if I had an exaughst upgrade. Right now I am compleatly stock. So I am sure its only a matter of time before we start seeing the JGC srt8's in the mid 12's and pobly lower.

I will give you this advice, stage deep if you want a good light. Worst part of my night was that they race handicap at my local track, and I was beaten by a guy running in a 19.68 seccond piece of crap. He actually ran a 19.72, not even a freakin tenth off his window time. I thought for sure he broke out.

I was not pluggin henasee bro, but from the research that I have done, other then zoomer, and magnaflow, henasee is one of the few offering actual performance parts for our vehicles. I hear rumors of cam upgrades, and pcm's from mopar, but so far nothing...freak

Here's a link to a Jeep SRT8 running 13.01 in the 1/4.

http://hyperfiberbbq.com/uploads/torrie13-0.wmv

Here's a link to where his 12 sec time slip for the next run: :wah?!: Please scroll down untill you see it.

http://www.srt8oc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873&page=2

He's got a CAI and 30 shot of nitrous, that's it!

Anthony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont mean to be picky here lol. But if you redlight by .22, and run a 12.94, wouldnt that mean that you actually ran a 13.16, so technically its not into the 12's, but still faster then mine lol. Looked good running down the track to. I wish I had gotten the silver one...freak

·
Registered
22 Posts
SRT8FREAK said:
I dont mean to be picky here lol. But if you redlight by .22, and run a 12.94, wouldnt that mean that you actually ran a 13.16, so technically its not into the 12's, but still faster then mine lol. Looked good running down the track to. I wish I had gotten the silver one...freak
RT has nothing to do with the timing, so that is a correct ET. Gene

·
Registered
215 Posts
Pricey Jeep

I would do heads and a cam myself, make the same power and and save a lot of money in the process.

·
Registered
24 Posts
SRT8FREAK said:
Sorry, but you are incorrect. He ran in the 12's. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
SRT8FREAK said:
Sorry, but you are incorrect. He ran in the 12's. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just met a Mopar Performance Shop Owner and he is building a 6.4 Hemi. Some interesting things were shared with me, thin wall block casting, (runs hot because of this), very tight oil clearances, (0W-40 oil selection), parts are very reasonable in prices, pistons are very short in length, (skirt to piston top), very tight ring end gaps, .007, (better sealing when hot). Performance is still there untaped, mostly in the head and intake areas but not much room if any for any further over-boring. Mopar didn't over-bore much to build the 6.1 out of the 5.7 engine, offset grind crank did the rest and even more offset to make a 6.4 out of the 6.1. His crank is the same as the Hennisey (sp) 6.4 and gotten from the crank company that did their crank. His flow numbers on the cylinder heads are 300 to 310 cfm at .500 lift so guys that is where big power can be made. CC has some Hemi cam profiles that makes big HP! He has 8K in his engine so far and counting so the 17K price for a completed engine doesn't sound so much now? MHO Gene

·
Registered
22 Posts
A local guy is building a 6.4 Hemi! So far about 8K is involved in his build-up. Heads can be ported to flow 300 cfm, engine block can't be bored much at all, reason; thin bore thickness, parts are very reasonable in price though. Getting a turn key GC is great but now no warranty, PCM modded, etc. to make this thing run right? Not me! Gene

1 - 18 of 18 Posts