Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seltech said:
yes.. why?
Looking for some help with my car! I have a hpi rs4 3 evo and wanted to upgrade the engine,but to what is the question :lol:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Dude get a supercharger thats the rt. im going with mine....that is after i get my tranny gets fixed. 30-50% power gain they say.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With Honor said:
Dude get a supercharger thats the rt. im going with mine....that is after i get my tranny gets fixed. 30-50% power gain they say.
Do those actually do anything on a 2 stroke? I want to upgrade my current motor before I start any other mods. The only choice I have at the moment is a Hpi nitro star .18ss,any suggestions!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
.18? go .44 i think thats what my friend said hes looking at he has a hellfire (hpi) things huge

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With Honor said:
.18? go .44 i think thats what my friend said hes looking at he has a hellfire (hpi) things huge
.44 holy shit that thing must be huge :lol: I would need a bigger car :rofl: That sucker must rev like no other! I was looking at a hpi nitro star .18ss outlaw, it comes in one of there trucks but it's a direct fit into my car but I might just have to go a little bigger!

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
hell ya .44 means 4 stroke right? he can make a custom exhaust with straight pipes on that thing since u dont need a tuned pipoe with the 4 stroke. i have an older HPI RS4 MT, i used to race my xxx-s on an indoor carpet track in taunton 3 years ago.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kotu100 said:
hell ya .44 means 4 stroke right? he can make a custom exhaust with straight pipes on that thing since u dont need a tuned pipoe with the 4 stroke. i have an older HPI RS4 MT, i used to race my xxx-s on an indoor carpet track in taunton 3 years ago.
It's gotta be a 4-stroke add A super charger kit and the Nx n20 kit and that would be 1 hell of a nitro car :clap: I might just have to build a spare car :eveilgrin

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
haha. I want to save up and get a hpi savage limited it has a 3 speed tranny that thing flys...mine flys with just the 2 speed. I have a tnx and that thing flys but ever sence I put on my duel exhaust ( by the way it LOOKS and SOUNDS amazing on the little car) i cant seem to get a good tune out of it. im doing tranny work maybe thats what i'll do tomorrow is get her up and running cause i miss that thing......next step for me is to jump over my friends truck :)

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
yea the tuning on the nitro motors is what made me go back to electric, i could never tune my friggin motor. we should have a meet somewhere with a nice big open clean paved parking lot so we can whip these around for a day. anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
212 Posts
kotu100 said:
a .44 doesn't necessarily have to be a 4-stroke...the .44 is only the displacement of the motor. I'm running a Thunder Tiger .70(2-Stroke) in my T-Maxx...well, it started off as a t-maxx...lol...i don't think there is one single stock part left on it, though. :thumbsup:

But back to the thread topic....i'd go with a Picco .18 for that car....it'd be very hard to fit a big-block (.21 and up) in there. The .18 will be plenty of power for that car. I'm running a .12 in my hpi rs4 and i still smoke all 4 tires(and yes, i had actual smoke coming off them :thumbsup: )

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
looks like we'l need to get some cones set up and make a track in an empty parking lot. i know this place in canton but i dont think you guys will wanna drive all the way down here to race a lil bit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts