Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Just curious if there's anyone on the boards who lives or goes to school in/around Poughkeepsie NY? I go to school here and I've got a Yellow '03 SRT-4, I just saw an E-blue at a gas station over on route 9, and I've seen one or two other SRT's around. If anyone on here is from around the area I'd love to hear from you, and maybe be able to work out a way to meet you! Anyway, just thought I'd throw it up here and see if I get any responses, thanks guys! (and girls ;))

-Paul

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you are ever in Middletown on a Friday evening after 7 pm go to the Boston Market parking lot on RTE 211. If your coming from Poughkeepsie take I-84 West to exit 4W, then 1st exit # 120, go to trafic light and make a left, go 3 trafic lights make a left into parking lot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
abnrgr said:
If you are ever in Middletown on a Friday evening after 7 pm go to the Boston Market parking lot on RTE 211. If your coming from Poughkeepsie take I-84 West to exit 4W, then 1st exit # 120, go to trafic light and make a left, go 3 trafic lights make a left into parking lot.
Or you could come by before 7, and take a look at the REAL muscle cars!

I'm there every friday.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I go to Marist College, and I have a Silver SRT-4 back at home. It SUCKS I want my damn car here but I'm a freshmen. Oh well, but yeah, I have one - and I'll be taking it up here every once in awhile too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
firefightergtp said:
Or you could come by before 7, and take a look at the REAL muscle cars!

I'm there every friday.
I'm sorry, I tought this was SRTForums???? :bye:

·
Registered
31 Posts
abnrgr said:
I'm sorry, I tought this was SRTForums???? :bye:

No wonder why you guys have such a bad rep.

I'm not trying to claim I have a "real" muscle car. But after 7 all the shit boxes roll in. If you go before 7 you can see where the ideals and inspirations of the srt4 and other modern muscle came from.

But than again your probably just stuck in your own little bubble of thinking, and would never consider any other car out there to be worth your time looking at.

I dont understand it really, why is everyone on this board so damn apprehensive all the time. Who gives a shit what I drive, maybe I think the SRT4 has potential, and I'm interested in the car. It's people with your attitude that get your community such a bad reputation.

·
Registered
69 Posts
firefightergtp said:
Haha, wow, another asshole SRT-4 owner.................SHOCKING!!!

No wonder why you guys have such a bad rep.
I'm far from another asshole SRT-4 owner, I know what my car can do. I go to Boston Market to have a good time and look at all the nice cars there. I never street race, were you at the Street Wars yesterday in English town?

·
Registered
31 Posts
abnrgr said:
I'm far from another asshole SRT-4 owner, I know what my car can do. I go to Boston Market to have a good time and look at all the nice cars there. I never street race, were you at the Street Wars yesterday in English town?

Thats cool, but the comment "I thought this was an SRT-4 forum, bye" doesnt make it seem like that. I think we all go to boston market to have a good time, and watch the guys and gals on bikes get harassed by the cops :rofl: .

I didnt go down to street wars yesterday, unfortunetly I got stuck at work. I was at the one in april or may, I forget. Do you go down often???

·
Registered
69 Posts
firefightergtp said:
Thats cool, but the comment "I thought this was an SRT-4 forum, bye" doesnt make it seem like that. I think we all go to boston market to have a good time, and watch the guys and gals on bikes get harassed by the cops :rofl: .

I didnt go down to street wars yesterday, unfortunetly I got stuck at work. I was at the one in april or may, I forget. Do you go down often???
I'll try to get there early on friday night to see your car, by the time I get out of work and down there it's ussally around 7:00. I'm always there with my 6 year old son. I think he likes the cars more then I do. LOL. I'll look for you on Friday.

·
Registered
31 Posts
abnrgr said:
I'll try to get there early on friday night to see your car, by the time I get out of work and down there it's ussally around 7:00. I'm always there with my 6 year old son. I think he likes the cars more then I do. LOL. I'll look for you on Friday.

I usually hang out late too, probably be there till about 10 or so. Ill keep an eye out for you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
firefightergtp said:
I usually hang out late too, probably be there till about 10 or so. Ill keep an eye out for you.
Cool :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
firefightergtp i have met you before... ive been @ the shows in middletown my dad has that 03 gray cobra & i used to have a blk mazdaspeed protege... dunno if u remember me & my bf.

·
Registered
31 Posts
SP33D said:
firefightergtp i have met you before... ive been @ the shows in middletown my dad has that 03 gray cobra & i used to have a blk mazdaspeed protege... dunno if u remember me & my bf.
I sure do!!!! Met you guys quite a while ago. Glad to see you got something with some power now :rofl: :frogtongu , just bustin your chops! Do you still go up?? I'm their almost every friday night. What does your boyfriend drive again??[/

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great to see there are some people in the area on the forums! I'll have to try and make it out to Middletown one of these Fridays soon, sounds like a good time.

firefightergtp:
My car with a real engine is at home, wish I had it here, but the SRT is just a better all around car for going to school. More space and better gas mileage than the Trans Am, but my heart always lies with V-8's and American Muscle, don't worry ;)

Khryz:
That's cool, if you get SRT withdrawls at any point in time, PM or email me and I'll bring mine over and let u take it for a spin ok? I'd love to meet up with you and shoot the breeze sometime. Maybe we could go up to Middletown to the show these guys are talking about sometime?

-Paul

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Oh, SRT withdrawls sums it up very good. I'm so bad, that I going home every other week (only 40 minutes away from here), just to drive my car and have freedom, since I can't have a car here and feel like i'm stuck here. Thanks a lot man.

I'll be sure to keep in touch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, I was out there on friday, saw a silver srt-4, dont know who the owner is though. Also so a early gen neon with exhaust.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Khryz said:
Oh, SRT withdrawls sums it up very good. I'm so bad, that I going home every other week (only 40 minutes away from here), just to drive my car and have freedom, since I can't have a car here and feel like i'm stuck here. Thanks a lot man.

I'll be sure to keep in touch.

you scare me... you really do sometimes....

·
Registered
69 Posts
firefightergtp said:
Well, I was out there on friday, saw a silver srt-4, dont know who the owner is though. Also so a early gen neon with exhaust.
What time did you leave at? I drove around looking for your GTP. I didn't get there until 10:00. I heard there was another silver SRT-4 there earlier that evening. I left out around 11:30 when the cops kicked everyone out of the parking lot because of a bunch of people burning out. If the weather is nice on Friday, I'll try to get there around 7 so I can check out your car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
abnrgr said:
What time did you leave at? I drove around looking for your GTP. I didn't get there until 10:00. I heard there was another silver SRT-4 there earlier that evening. I left out around 11:30 when the cops kicked everyone out of the parking lot because of a bunch of people burning out. If the weather is nice on Friday, I'll try to get there around 7 so I can check out your car.

Yea, I left around 9:45, just have just missed ya!! It was pretty dead though, thats why I left so early. I'll be there this friday again if the weather holds out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
firefightergtp said:
Yea, I left around 9:45, just have just missed ya!! It was pretty dead though, thats why I left so early. I'll be there this friday again if the weather holds out.
I'll see you there, I will either be in the second or third row. I hang with a red Lighting, orange 350Z, black 350Z, and silver EVO. Have you been to the Bear Mountian bridge car show yet? They have it on Wed evenings.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts