Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from day one, i have noticed a "clack, clack, clack" noise upon engine shut down... i've tried finding the source but can't find it.. is this freakin normal? doesn't hurt anything and i kind'a got used to it already but i was just wondering if anyone else have the same issue... thanks :)

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greg_04-SRT4 said:
Is your foot off the clutch when you shut the car off? If so, shut the car off with the clutch depressed, so stop the rattle (clack, clack ) noise.

I forget what it was t/o bearing or something, but it's normal.
aha!! hit the nail on the head there, t/o bearing it is :) thanks alot... just weird how dodge didn't do anything to fix that...

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
yea i got a tt so i just get out of car and walk away. I hear the noise, but since its common I figure its not a problem. Would be retarded if you had to sit there with clutch pressed in everytime you turned the car off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jeffiam said:
It's probably your exhaust system cooling down. The noise is coming from under the car, yeah?
That's what is sounds like to me. My car does this also. More noticeable on newer cars or cars with new exhaust systems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.