Dodge SRT Forum banner

Anyone have an extra Mopar BOV aka Rice Plate?

489 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Jabbit 
#1 ·
I might be interested in it...

#2 ·
why? it leaks... and by the looks of your avitar you want more boost.. i woudl recomend not getting a plate if you want consistant boost.

#4 ·
Jmhm17 said:
why? it leaks... and by the looks of your avitar you want more boost.. i woudl recomend not getting a plate if you want consistant boost.
uhh

it leaks if you do a shitty install job. i had one on my car for months with no problems whatsoever, no psi drop, no leaks, no fluctuations in boost any different than a stock car.

#6 ·
xXxOTEPxXx said:
uhh

it leaks if you do a shitty install job. i had one on my car for months with no problems whatsoever, no psi drop, no leaks, no fluctuations in boost any different than a stock car.

uhh

we pressure tested nick furys and it was leaking boost like crazy.. so go tell him he installed his wrong.. :tongue: the stock boost guage is crap also so if you were using that as a messurment tool than thats probobly why you dident see a diference.. plus its cheaper if you take the top of your intake box off and just listen to the woosh that way..

rice plate = no good.

#9 ·
Jmhm17 said:
uhh

we pressure tested nick furys and it was leaking boost like crazy.. so go tell him he installed his wrong.. :tongue: the stock boost guage is crap also so if you were using that as a messurment tool than thats probobly why you dident see a diference.. plus its cheaper if you take the top of your intake box off and just listen to the woosh that way..

rice plate = no good.
the whole point of the mopar bov is sound, and the sound by taking off the lid is not the same. if you wanna argue about dumb details, i can do that too? :thumbsup:

#11 ·
i have just the plate no gasket or anything sell it for 20$ just let me know bro:thumbsup:

#14 ·
Mine didnt leak unless I did something stupid, it did after I flipped it around and used it as a BOP for the real BOV. That was only temporary until AGP got my BOP to me. And I knew it was big leak, but I didnt care at that point. Hell I ran a 13.4 @ 105 with that thing like that :lol:

But there was time before I put the real BOV on, where I was taking it on and off all the time. That was bad, that caused it to leak sometimes when the gaskets would break from me not being carefull when putting it back on. But thats my fault, not the rice plates. I think thats what Jasons talking about.

If you get one, preferably a new one, with a new gasket, and put it on right, it won't leak. But you'll probably get really annoyed after about two weeks. vrrom--psshhhhhh, vrom-psssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#15 ·
ok.. so i suck... im sorry...

cant wait for the meet tomorow to catch shit for this thred :lol:... :(

but one fact i do know FOR REAL THIS TIME.. is the plate is very anoying it blows off every time you let off the gas (just liek nick said) :) have a good one fellas...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.