Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that I'm gonna have to order a clutch today, and I wanna know if I should get the stage 3 or stage 4.

I know that the stage 4 says it's instant engagement, but I thought I read about here about some people who say it's not entirely true.

I can handle a little 'rough' engagement, but I don't want anything instant ... and this will be for daily driving.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i have the clutchmasters stage 3 and i love it. it tears up the track, instant engagement through the gears and u can still feather it off the line enough that the tires will grab and not spin. i have slicks and i can still spin the slicks if i dump the clutch. in traffic 1st gear chatters a lil bit and reverse does also.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
What are your goals with the car power wise?

I'd go with the stage 3 unless you have plans for making more than 500ft/lbs of torque. A stage 4 clutch will be harder on your transmission geartrain and axles, something you want to stay away from unless its absolutely required for the amount of power you'll be making.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eventually I'll be going with a Psi-Fi kit. I want something that will definatly last me a while. I wound up ordering the Stage 4 because Modern Performance didn't have any S3's in stock. I hope I can live with it! *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
737 Posts
03srt4me said:
Eventually I'll be going with a Psi-Fi kit. I want something that will definatly last me a while. I wound up ordering the Stage 4 because Modern Performance didn't have any S3's in stock. I hope I can live with it! *crosses fingers*
i have the stage 4 clutch, very easy to use and run with
first gear is a real pain in the ass in traffic, but otherwise its a good setup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.