Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know at least one other member here has this problem. My car has pulled gently to the right since new. No, it's not torque steer. It does it accelerating, decelerating, coasting, or whatever. No, it's not the crown in the road. It does it in either lane, between lanes, and on any road. I have checked this out numerous times in the last 1900 miles and it does it consistently.

I took it to the dealer to check alignment and, of course, they said that there was nothing wrong and told me it was torque steer and the crown in the road. They said the alignment was right on and that the mechanic took it for a drive and couldn't get it to do it. "That's just torque steer. That's a pretty potent little engine you have in there you know."
"DUH? :shock: Gee, I didn't know that Mr. Service Guy! :roll: I thought it was just a Neon!"

I HATE letting other people work on my vehicles! MORONS!!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
i hate to break it to ya, but thats a problem inherent to all neons, even apparently thr SRT-4, my 2nd gen does that, my friends 2nd gen does that.........we even put it on the alignment machine at work, while i watched the tech do it and it came out perfect..........the tech is a cool guy and has been there a really long time and he said thats a common thing in the neons......its just something they do(he said it had nothing to do with torque steer) hope that helps. nick

·
Registered
534 Posts
uh oh....do you think new suspension or upgraded suspension could help that? Has anyone tried? Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
All those burnouts causing uneven tire ware? Might need a rotation..

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well then, align it to the left to make it run straight. :wink:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Mine doesn't pull at all. there's a little tug when accelerating hard, but not when crusing.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
ebbtide said:
Mine doesn't pull at all. there's a little tug when accelerating hard, but not when crusing.
Ditto

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Mine started doing it recently also, but I usually am on the right side of the road.

I have been meaning to check tire pressure. With such low profile tires, any alignment glitch will cause it, as well as tire pressure.

I know this first hand from my last car. there was like 0.5deg difference in camber, and with stock wheels ran fine. With my low profiles....it pulled right like a bitch!!!! Until I got a camber kit.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
mine pulls slightly when on the gas , but not when driving

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i did .. it was low .. but it still does it .. just a mild dose of torque stear i guess.. my last car was a stratus :shock:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I heard that since the 90's they've been doing that on purpose..

It's so if you fall asleep on the highway, you kill yourself in the ditch and not oncoming traffic.

Most newer vehicles i've ridden in/driven pull slightly to the right.
just my 3 canadian cents to everyones' 2

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
wtf !! dude that is sooo twisted :shock:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
jiffymarker said:
I heard that since the 90's they've been doing that on purpose..

It's so if you fall asleep on the highway, you kill yourself in the ditch and not oncoming traffic.

Most newer vehicles i've ridden in/driven pull slightly to the right.
just my 3 canadian cents to everyones' 2
I don' know if that is true for safety, probably is, yet every FWD car I have driven pulls on way or the other, even with proper alignment and tire pressure.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Mine pulls to the left slightly. Not enough to be a problem.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
21 Participants
93civEJ1
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing