Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the past few days ive noticed a squeek coming from my motor when i turned it on in the morning...i thought maybe it was a belt or something so after work yesterday i popped the hood to check it out...well i was lookin around and noticed the problem....turns out my upper motor mount (where it attatches to the block) sheered off the 2 bolts that hold it in :wah?!: needless to say i had to go buy a drill bit and drill them out and fixed it...my question is is this something that i should worry about happening again? when i installed the MM's i noticed the bolts were already a little bent (probably from stock wheel hop) but i put them in anyway. probably dumb on my part but oh well. this ever happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
NJsrt4 said:
so the past few days ive noticed a squeek coming from my motor when i turned it on in the morning...i thought maybe it was a belt or something so after work yesterday i popped the hood to check it out...well i was lookin around and noticed the problem....turns out my upper motor mount (where it attatches to the block) sheered off the 2 bolts that hold it in :wah?!: needless to say i had to go buy a drill bit and drill them out and fixed it...my question is is this something that i should worry about happening again? when i installed the MM's i noticed the bolts were already a little bent (probably from stock wheel hop) but i put them in anyway. probably dumb on my part but oh well. this ever happen to anyone else?

Just invest in the motor mount bolt kit that modernperformance sells. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts