Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed metalic in your black paint? I just got some pictures taken today that accually show it and I'm going to find out if something can be done!!! I really don't want to break factory paint but some panels have metalic on them and some are just the plain black like is in the paint code. Brought it to the dealer several times but the light wasn't right and they couldn't see it. Well you can really see it when the SUN comes out and I really saw it today when I was cleaning the car.

The first picture you can really see the difference in the panels!!!! :?

I'm going to email a note and these pictures to someone a Chrysler to see what kind of response I can get.

Anyone have a good Point of Contact?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Damn, that doesn't look right...

Mine is black, and I haven't noticed anything like that. I've walked around it on a few sunny days (actually, every day, but only a few were sunny :) ) and have not seen anything like that. I'll look again though, maybe take some pics of it up close too.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Hmmm. . I just got a black one and I did notice a few metalic thingies like that in my paint but after a good washing and waxing I can't seem to find them anymore. It might have been tree sap or cotton/lint trapped under wax but I think I did have those. I will check again and take some more pics tomarrow. :?:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
duder that doesnt look right :?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Something looks wrong there dude...almost looks like dirt :),
but thats from a picture.

But for comfort, it looks like shit compared to mine, so I'd say yes , you have a problem there.

Good Luck

Cali

·
Registered
276 Posts
Shudder the Thought---- (

Wonder if the car came in damaged and the dealer used the wrong paint after the repair was made !!!

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What you see is the sparkels from the metalic, just befor the pictures I used hand glaze on the paint to clean and polish it. As you can see in the first picture the fender has little or none it is just black, but the door has mass metalic in it. I'm guessing that silver was spayed befor the black and it didn't get cleaned out good enough and got mixed in with the black. I just want to see if there are any others that can complain with me.... :evil:

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
daytonagts said:
What you see is the sparkels from the metalic, just befor the pictures I used hand glaze on the paint to clean and polish it. As you can see in the first picture the fender has little or none it is just black, but the door has mass metalic in it. I'm guessing that silver was spayed befor the black and it didn't get cleaned out good enough and got mixed in with the black. I just want to see if there are any others that can complain with me.... :evil:
Surprising the dealer prep guy didn't catch it.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
hemidakota said:
daytonagts said:
Surprising the dealer prep guy didn't catch it.
Probably saw it and didnt give a shit.
Take it back to your dealer bro....asap!

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called the dealer I bought the car from and they told me they wont have anything to do with the paint since I had it buffed out at The dealer closer to me. They are the ones that told me I could get the problems fixed at any certified dealer. Well I had my dealer in town fix the problem (saved me 150 miles). Now I'm bringing the car over to them and the pictures and we'll see what will happen. I'm pretty pissed at being blown off like that :evil: We'll see what they say in a while......

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
daytonagts said:
Called the dealer I bought the car from and they told me they wont have anything to do with the paint since I had it buffed out at The dealer closer to me. They are the ones that told me I could get the problems fixed at any certified dealer. Well I had my dealer in town fix the problem (saved me 150 miles). Now I'm bringing the car over to them and the pictures and we'll see what will happen. I'm pretty pissed at being blown off like that :evil: We'll see what they say in a while......
Thats fine if they dont want to touch it after another dealer.
As long as *a dodge dealer* serviced the car while under warranty, and you didnt take it to no *mom and pop* shop, they have to work with you until its resolved.
Did the buffing take car of it?

cali

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The buffing took care of the clear coat problems I had before, but this is totaly different. Went and talked to the local sevice manager and told him what I was told and he said that is B.S. He came out and looked at it and saw exacly what I was talking about. He said he has never seen any broblem like this before. He told me to try one more time to talk to them and to let him know what they said. In the mean time he is contacting the district sevice adviser ( or something like that ) to see what he has to say. The cool thing is I haven't sent in my customer questionare about the selling dealer yet. If they tell me to pack sand again I'm going to the worst scores and Chrysler a piece of my mind also.

We'll see what they say tomarow. I feel like I've gotten screwed :evil: I spent $20,000 on a brand new car and If I want to get it looking all uniform and really good ( like it should have been in the first place ) I have to Break factory paint and get it repainted. And I really don't want to do that.. :cry:

If you have a black SRT please let me know how the paint is, look close to see if there is any metalic in the black. I didn't see any till the sun came out, and that took several weeks after I got the car.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Mine has very fine red metallic throughout the whole car. I thought that was how it was supposed to be. You can only see it in direct sunlight at an angle and it actually looks pretty cool. I will inspect further tomorrow though. I hope it's okay....

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your lucky if it is on your whole car... But the big prob will come if you have to get some body work done because they just take your paint code and spray that on and don't think anything more about it.. Some of my car is black and some has metalic, thats my big thing..

The manager wasn't in yesterday so I will call on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
daytonagts said:
Your lucky if it is on your whole car... But the big prob will come if you have to get some body work done because they just take your paint code and spray that on and don't think anything more about it.. Some of my car is black and some has metalic, thats my big thing..

The manager wasn't in yesterday so I will call on Monday.
Very bogus Daytona, sorry to hear it.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I haven't seen anything like that in mine, and it has been car show prepped and entered, so I would have noticed. It sounds like the black paint on my gen1 ACR. It has that type of paint on the whole car. I'd definitely fight with Dodge until they get it right, the body panel rust protection warranty might get voided if you have it painted by anyone else.

Good luck, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is quite possible that it could be what is called rail dust. I've seen it many times at the dealer where I work. When the cars are shipped the paint is still "green". If they are shipped by rail then the hot dust off the wheels of the rail cars blows up and lands on your new paint and sinks right in. It is usually more noticable on light colors like white. It can be removed with a clay bar such as Clay Magic. Not saying this is the problem, but it is certainly something to look into. Might save you from a repaint. Good luck.

John Moorman

·
Registered
663 Posts
I wonder why my flecks are red then??

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
rust?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts