Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am :bandit: . I think my 05's stock boost gauge is going out though (or has been out for a while) and that is the only reason why I'm able to "see" boost without a load on the car. I can sit still and give the throttle a good tap and the boost will stop at -0- like its supposed to show. However, if I give it a good rev to really wake the car up I will see anywhere from 5-15 psi of positive boost all while sitting completely still :lol: :lol: !!!! Surely this is the gauge going out. Car holds boost fine so I don't think its a boost leak causing the issue but could it cause me to see positive psi without a load? If I tap my boost gauge with my finger I can see the needle wiggle :stab: . To me that signals inaccuracy and failure is around the corner. Sometimes the needle will wiggle .5 psi of travel on the gauge so fast like a humming birds wings when I'm under boost yet the car is pulling smoothly so the gauge doesn't match to how the car feels.

Here's to you Autometer :grimrippe

And here's to Glacius for going to get an order from me for the nice loking digi gauge! :clap: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
mine wiggles like a fuckin belly dancer! but of course my guage is broke. when the car is off it stays at -10vac

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
jfsrt4 said:
I can get a little boost but not over 5. If your boost gauge sits at 0 when the cars of if not its bad...
It can be at -0- and still be bad :readclose. There are some people here that have shown the same thing. Theirs showed -0- so they thought it was fine...as did I on mine, turned out still being defective is my guess. I shouldn't be abler to see positive boost without a load on the car. Especially it swinging to 15 psi this morning :lol:

SRT_Maniac said:
mine wiggles like a fuckin belly dancer! but of course my guage is broke. when the car is off it stays at -10vac

:rofl: :rofl: belly dancer :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
that what evos do when they get the ecu tuned..the can rev like a two step and build about 8 - 10 psi ...then launch:wah?!:

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
mine just goes straight to 0 and holds...if I actually "floor it" and let the revs go up to about 4000rpms I may get 1-2psi but that's it

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
you have the agp wastegate actuator don't you? i believe it's normal due to the stronger spring. agp is a 14# spring vs the stock 4# spring.

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
another person from the NE section(jabbit) just put in his digital boost gauge that he got from the glacius group buy and he was showing me that after installing it, according to the new gauge, he hits boost while in neutral and i believe it's about 3-5lbs, not just .5 or 1.

EDIT: and he's on the s2 wga if that makes a difference

1 - 8 of 8 Posts