Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in a while, when slowing down to a stop with the clutch in, the rev's will drop down to about 200 rpm's, then catch itself, and come back up to a normal idle. But today when coming to a stop, it dropped down all the way, and stalled. This is the first time doing this, but dropping down below idle happens about 2-3 times a week. I have been using HESS super unleaded, could that be it? Maybe a better selection of gas? any idea's?

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your sure your not letting the clutch out too fast to make it stall? Thats about the only thing I can think of too make it stall all of the sudden. The fuel thing might play a factor, try switching to another brand gas or get closer to the 91 recommended octane when you fill up.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, its not stalling on take off, its when stopping, with the clutch in and the revs returning to idle, only sometimes it doesnt stop at idle, it goes below it, to about 200 rpm's. But today it went below that, and stalled.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmmm, got me then, try switching to another brand of fuel

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nothing at all wrong with Hess Gasoline.

I never come to a stop or slow down with the clutch in. I always go to nuetral and then shift back into the gear thats appropriate for the speed I am still traveling. It's probrably not any of the senors if it is not doing it all the time.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may have discovered something,.....I only had about 1/8th tank of gas at the time it happened. Right after that I parked it at work and didnt start it untill about 5 hours later when I left work. At that time it took 3 tries to start it, so I wonder if it does not like being that close to empty? I went right to a Mobil and filled it, started it and started to drive off, but as I accelorated through 1st gear, I got a bit of a hesitation, like the drive by wire throttle wasnt responding to my input at first. Or maybe like I said I just got a tank of crap gas,......who knows.....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Stevo

its me again jst a little advice .dont ever let your tank get that low!!! ould be bad news. refuel @ the last bar. dont wait until empty!!! also, its possible that you are down shifting in 2nd and letting the rpms get under 1,000 causing the stall, just do what mrmixitup does . I mean I downshift from 4th to third just enough to get the rpms to about 2,000 then put it in neutral!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for responding,....this particular time i had the clutch in from about 1500 rpm's down, and it just passed normal idle speed and stalled, but alot of times I do let it stay in gear untill about 1000rpm's, then downshift, mostly because it sound so cool with all the snap, crackle, and popping of the exhaust between 1000 and 2000 rpm's! :wink:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sweet, it must be a close relative to my 98 R/T. It does the same thing, but only when it's cold. Once it gets warmed up the damn thing bumps the idle up to about 1,500 when coasting to a stop. Once I'm stopped it idles back down. :roll: Oh well, long as it keeps running.

Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
JasoNeon
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing