Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
tonight I installed a new valve cover. I changed the pcv valve over to the new one, one thing i noticed was a clinking noise inside of it. the main prob i'm having is that my car seems to be misfiring now, I have swapped out the plugs and checked all my connections. I also noticed a fluid coming out my exhaust, it doesn't smell like gas but its either that or something else. please anybody that has installed a new cover and has had the same problems help me out, I have a road trip coming up this weekend and I wanna know my car will make it. thanks, any help is appreciated.

UPDATE: well we changed the gap and the sputter from the misfire went away. but now I'm noticing water coming out the exhaust. today I swapped out myo2 housing so is there anything that could cause water build up of is it just the bad batch of gas with water in it??? please I need some answers.........

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Relax, the water is normal, its condensation. If I remember correctly there are drain holes at the bottom of the exhaust tips, they are there specifically for this reason. Many cars have drain holes in their exhaust system. When you first start up the vehicle, the water will either evaporate or drain out.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm talkin about mad amounts of water, it's causing my car to misfire noticably. i understand water and condensation but this is way off from that.

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
if it is misfiring this badly and there is that much water coming out of the car. Then you may have coolant leaking into the combustion chamber. Does you exhaust produce a white puff of smoke? Or does the exhaust have a little bit of a coolant type of smell? It is highly doubtful that by changing the valve cover you created this leak, if that is even the case at all. But i've seen some strange shit come into the shop before. You didnt happen to mess with any of the head bolts at all while you had the cover off did you?

·
Registered
852 Posts
What year did they change the PCV valve? Wouldn't switching over to the new style fix the problem? If in fact the problem is the PCV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts