Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past couple mornings I have noticed that when I turn the key to 'on', but not start it, the fuel pump is much louder than if I turn it back to 'off' then 'on' again. But if I leave it for a couple hours and turn it back to 'on' again, its the same thing, very loud. When the car is running, its no louder, not that I could here it over the exhaust. The car runs fine, though, so I dont know if I should drop it off at the dealership all day, or just live with it.

Could somebody listen to theirs for me if its been sitting for a few hours?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
steve i think you are freaking out see. All 2nd gen Neons have a Starter disengage, what this does is when you put the key in the on position you'll hear the starter engage with a somewhat loud motorized noise. Once the car is successfully turned on the motor disengages the starter so that when u are like most idiots out there who double crank ur car it does no harm.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I would have never thought about that, thanks,....this has been most informative. Are you always a cock sucker like this, or just on Mondays? :roll: If you would have read my post instead having somebody with a second grade reading skill read it to you, you would have seen that I said that it was the sound of the fuel pump BEFORE I STARTED THE ENGINE was EXTREMELY LOUD, then every time after it was relatively quite.

But again, thanks for the advice, I will hold it near and dear to my heart

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i just woke up steve :oops: im unsually cocky when i wake up i apologize but thats how i wake up :? :(

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sorry for the comeback, too,....its all good....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts