Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading threads about people that have messed w/ their cars already having problems...anyone out there keep this think stock?!??!? if there are, are you guys having any issues? i wanna know what i'm getting into if i do buy this car...
thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
As do I!!

I thought this was supposed to be a better engine in terms of reliability. I dont want to be the first to blow the horn here but, I have seen one owner post about a CEL and car taking 3 cranks to start, and another owner has his stalling out. Dont get me wrong I dont expect to get the reliability that I got from my 2001 GTS celica but, come on.... CEL in the first couple weeks, and stalling in the first couple weeks!! I hope they iron these kinks out before they make there way to the greater Denver area, otherwise im going to have to rethink my options. This car is not only going to be for fast/fun driving, it is going to be my daily driver. I cant be in the garage every weekend. I would like to see others thought and insights on the long term reliability.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Re: As do I!!

iwntasrt-4 said:
I thought this was supposed to be a better engine in terms of reliability. I dont want to be the first to blow the horn here but, I have seen one owner post about a CEL and car taking 3 cranks to start, and another owner has his stalling out.
I don't think these problems are caused by the engine. As in Raptor's case, he had a bad MAP sensor. I think once everyone gets them into the shop we'll start hearing some information. Until then, all this is speculation. I wouldn't make any decisions until you get some more information.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also couldn't the dramatic change in temp from flordia to the northern USA mess w/ the ECU? cuz lots of people are buying these cars and driving them non stop from like 75+ degress to 20 degrees... just a thought

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
colder weather in my view is best for these cars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
NeonDan
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing