Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
For function and looks you are looking at new struts and new springs. The best combo would be a shorter spring matched to a shorter strut.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you want better handling, you could assume that the weight distribution is the same, and use regular neon lowering springs, although the SRT is a little heavier. I would reccomend waiting for a spring set tuned for the SRT. As for struts, you could either wait for struts to be produced for the SRT or use adjustables for an 03 Neon. They should fit OK, and the valving should get stiff enough to improve on the stock SRT dampers.

I would reccomend waiting. The stock dampers are from Tokico, and probably pretty good, although maybe a little soft. Let somebody else (like Koni or Progress) worry about having the FIRST lowered SRT. They can afford to [email protected]#% their cars up, and they have the resources to really tune the handling, thus making the springs you eventually buy for the SRT better suited than Neon springs.

My .02

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. Ahhhh... I feel better already. :D

But I wonder how long those guys could come up with one (or two...or three...or SRT-four)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
But Wait....

I remember now, seeing a threaded body coilover kit (K+W I think.) to be made available through mopar. They will probably be available early, since the "hard"parts already exist for neons, it's just a spring rate and shock valving change to compliment the differences in weight, tires, and swaybars between the two.
I know which one I'll be looking at, unless it's ridiculously expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
RaptorRed
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing